Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
speaking to the insurance company today and discussing a few bits i was informed my excess increaes by 250 sheets becuase i am a young driver

wtf, at 25 i am insulted to be classed as a yong driver with over 8 years of driving experience

·
Registered
346 Posts
Depends on the insurer. I'm having to wait until my 25th birthday to pick up my new car to insure it for sensible money, but this was only with certain brokers who were underwritten by Cornhill. My best were Performance Direct on 0870 870 4778 or Ensleigh, yell.co.uk for your local office.

I always thought the threshold of 25 was a myth, my brother passed through it with no reduction but my advice is try those two people and see how you get on.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
alternativly, do what I've done and decie to '**** it' I know what I want, so I'm gonna go get it, despite the fact I now have to live on less than £200 a month spending money.

The cars worth it, belive me:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
I went for almost a month without a car when I was 24 just so I could be 25 when my insurance was due.

Kept it up ever since - 31 years and 3 days old this month when my insurance is due for renewal

·
Registered
755 Posts
this age thing seems to continually go up and up
when yer 17-18 yer told to wait till yer 21
when yer 21 they tell u to wait till yer 25
when yer 25 yer told to wait till 30
humpfh!!!
doubt there'll be many decent cav turbo's left when im 60 but then i'll probly have to wait till im 65 lmao

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.