Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mk4 astra coupe Z18XE, and when starting it in the morning the emissions light is on on the dashboard and the car is really difficult to start, turns over for ages. Then when it finally starts it wont rev over 4000rpm in any gear even with your foot hard down, and it feels really unresponsive and slow. Ill drive the car like this for about 4-6 miles and then when i turn the car off and start it up again the light has gone off and it starts first time and feels fine, responsive and quick again and will rev over 4000rpm.

If i leave the car for a while turned off (over 6 hours) and then go back to start it the light will be back on and will be difficult to start and wont rev high again.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

The car has done 60,000 miles and all the lamba sensors are connected and working.

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Mk4 astra coupe Z18XE, and when starting it in the morning the emissions light is on on the dashboard and the car is really difficult to start, turns over for ages. Then when it finally starts it wont rev over 4000rpm in any gear even with your foot hard down, and it feels really unresponsive and slow. Ill drive the car like this for about 4-6 miles and then when i turn the car off and start it up again the light has gone off and it starts first time and feels fine, responsive and quick again and will rev over 4000rpm.

If i leave the car for a while turned off (over 6 hours) and then go back to start it the light will be back on and will be difficult to start and wont rev high again.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

The car has done 60,000 miles and all the lamba sensors are connected and working.

Thanks.

hello mate it will be the crankshaft postioning sensor, very common behaivour is what you have described, ages to start is because the ecu hasnt got a reading from the sensor to show it position so then after a while gets it reading from cam sensor, same reason why it wont rev over 4,000 revs. so basincally needs a new crank sensor dude.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello mate it will be the crankshaft postioning sensor, very common behaivour is what you have described, ages to start is because the ecu hasnt got a reading from the sensor to show it position so then after a while gets it reading from cam sensor, same reason why it wont rev over 4,000 revs. so basincally needs a new crank sensor dude.
Hi, I think I have the same issue. Car drives ok, idles fine between 860 and 970 rpm. Sometimes the starter drags but eventually starts after a few swings. Diagnostics throws P0340-04 Camshaft Sensor Open Circuit. Replaced the cam sensor, same code keeps coming back. Traction light and service light goes on the moment I crank the engine. Car doesnt rev over 4000rpm either

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome :)

You may get a better response to your issue if you start a new thread of your own with all of the details in, rather than replying to one that is 11 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts