Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I've done a saab b204 conversion in a mk4 track car but im having a problem where I can't get the engine to spark. Anyone done this conversion or had this problem?

Many thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
without knowing exactly how you have done the wiring the only bits i can suggest is check earths on the inlet manifold are securely attached, check the crank sensor is connected and working, check you have 12v+ on the green with red tracer wire in the loom when ignition is on

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying to my help plea aha, I have an adapter that was made for me. Consists of two relays and a set of fuses and the following wires....12v, ignition live, pump, speedo, rev, obd and eml connections.

Iwas told by somebody that as long as I had the ignition live (black cable on my loom), the 12v to the power on the 2 relays/fuses and the fuel pump wire connected it should start. Do i need the green/red trace wire from the orginal ecu connected to my adapter in order for it to work?

Many thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
if your using nige's adapter there should be a battery+ connection, ignition + connection connected and fuel pump out all connected, in the original saab loom where your adapter plugs in there should be a large green & red wire this is the looms main supply for all engine sensors etc, no power here it wont run

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had a look and it seems Im getting power to all of those wires. The direct ignition is getting power and the fuel pump which is turning on. Just no spark :/ - Reckon my crank sensor might be screwed? Theres 12v getting in, relays are clicking on with ignition and pump is turning on...cranks over using standard astra loom just no spark still :

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
earths seem nice and tight and have tried adding an extra couple to on engine to chassis and engine to batt just to be sure! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my APC isnt connected though as i currently am waiting for one, doubt this would stop it though? :L

·
Registered
697 Posts
is the loom powering up? the two relays are for fuel pump and the others for loom power the engine will spin over on astra loom and fuel pump will prime just from having the ecu connnected if the coil pack is not getting power then no spark otherwise its a crank sensor or knackered coil pack

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the loom is powering up, theres power to the ecu, power to the DI, did try another DI too just to see and no luck. So probs crank sensor then?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This will be a complete noob question but does the crank sensor tell the ecu that the engine is spinning over and therefore for the ecu to start the coil pack up? if that makes sense?

·
Registered
697 Posts
there willl always be power to the coil pack when ign is on as you turn the engine over the crank sensor tells the coil pack which cylinders to fire hence no crank sensor no ignition

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah i see, ill give it a try tomorrow and check over the wiring for it too. Shall update you soon :) Thank you for your help :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hate to jump on someone else's thread but I've just brought a Saab 93 with a b204L in to put in my mk1 cavalier.
I'm looking for someone to modify my ecu and/or loom so I can delete the immobiliser and get a idea of what wires I need to to connect to make it work. If anyone has any info I would be extremely great full.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm having the same problem as the guy on the thread. Power to ecu power to both relays. Fuel pump primes. But no rpm or spark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts