Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that at least one of the bulbs on the heater controls on my Mk3 Astra has blown. The one(s) in question illuminate the control nearest to the driver which controls the direction of air flow, e.g.: windscreen, floor etc.

I can see why: whose bright idea was it to have these bulbs permanently switched on with the ignition? Dumbo :mad: ! They only need to come on with the lights.

Anyhow, is there an easy way to change them/it? I've looked in the Haynes manual and it looks like I'll need an engineering degree just to change a bulb!

On my older cars, switches and controls pull from the facia-panel bringing the bulbs with them ... is today's way really progress :(

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
You may be able to get your hands in if you remove the stereo.
Or do what i did recently and replace them all for leds.

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,133 Posts
On a Mk3 you should have: the heat level, direction and fan speed light up, the orange heated rear window bit should get brighter when you pull it out, the air recirc should light up, as well as the ornage bit when you press it.

The dials are lit by 2 bulbs directly under the stereo, remove it and underneath you will two bulb holders. Very easy. The rest involve removing the dial and switch concerned, it's very easy, the Haynes makes it sound harder than it is.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan :) :beer: It's the direction control that doesn't light up, so I guess one bulb has gone. I'll whip the radio out this weekend and have a look

>the Haynes makes it sound harder than it is.

Yes ... it has you virtually stripping out all the facia; I thought there must be an easier way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts