Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,
Has anybody done the above?how?and where have you put them?
Or
Foot well pods?
struggling to find where to mount my 6.5 inch components and tweeters.
Any help,pictures would be useful.
cheers,
ian.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Hi, ive got a pair of serious door builds for a mk2 astra if you are interested.

They will accept either 6.5 or 7" drivers and cover half the door. I can get some pics after the weekend. They are a real solid product built by my own hand, proper audiophile type door build, seriously heavy and smooth finish to either vinyl or paint! Will offer approx 1cu.ft enclosure to the mid to reinforce the bass a bit more, no provision for tweeter though as i found the best position for these in the mk2 was on the bottom of the A pillars.

Can post some pics if you are interested.

J

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy's,
I went after Mike's foot well pods when he was selling them,but as you can gather I didn't get them.
BASStra,thanks for the offerand yes I am interested,some pics would be helpful.
cheers,
ian.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
My digicam is getting delivered monday, will get some pics and post em for ya mate:)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
As promised pics of pods...remember these were built to be very solid and offer an enclosure to the mid therefore are rather heavy and large.

They are currently in primer to show up any flaws and if to be painted would require final sanding, but if to be covered then fine for vinyl or alcantara, the filler has had 6 months to settle and has left one tiny hairline crack and one tiny ridge.

The two holes (not the one for the speaker!!!, the other two) are there for a reason, the longer hole near the end was to house either a small door pocket or tool kit/spare fuses and the like. The squarer hole in the centre was to have either sealed or to swap for tuning ports to increase the front bass from the mids, woulda tuned this using box design program.

The angle of the door build is pretty much optimum for the mk2 astra, lifts the sound up and in but not too far in, more so it passes in front of you rather than at you.

As the pod would look mounted on card

This shows the depth of the pod and the build angle

Both pods, they are absolutely symmetrical

Tweeter pods - designed to fit in corner of dashboard to house tweeter, again spent many hours getting optimum angle before building proper pods

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.