Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters spare key fob wasn't working. I decided to replace case for her to see if fixed problem
Found that circuit board had bits missing off corners so guess that's the problem.
Is it possible to buy a second hand one and get it programmed to car and at what cost. And any idea who best to try to fix it please.
Astra 2012 BT12VCC
Birmingham area
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Astra G 3.2 V6, Vectra Hearse 1.8
267 Posts
aye, buy a replacement fob...take the transponder chip out of your old one and transfer to new one,and the blade of course. You can program the remote central locking part yourself no problem it takes a few seconds.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Actually i forget, incase you need to know...
Put your new key in ignition until dash lights come on (with the transponder from the old key DO NOT FORGET to switch it over or car wont start)
Keep hold of the lock button until car locks and let go then it will unlock itself.
Switch back off and take out key
Should be sorted now

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually i forget, incase you need to know...
Put your new key in ignition until dash lights come on (with the transponder from the old key DO NOT FORGET to switch it over or car wont start)
Keep hold of the lock button until car locks and let go then it will unlock itself.
Switch back off and take out key
Should be sorted now
Thanks for reply but the circuit board in the fob is damaged so will need a new one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah when you order new fob just make sure it comes with circuit and switch everything over

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah when you order new fob just make sure it comes with circuit and switch everything over
Thanks again for your reply. So your saying I can buy a fob/circuit board off ebay for example and just change the transponder which I presume is for the immobiliser. Then just program it as you have put ?. This will be great if it works
.Thanks again I will look into it (y)

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah the immobiliser has to be from the old key,its just a wee chip,technically it is independent of the key as it needs no battery etc.... the circuit board is only there for the buttons/rcl/alarm etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts