Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why my car sits with the front end lower than the back now its had a apex spring kit fitted. Should it not sit level,what could cause this it looks gash :mad:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do they sell them as a set if you have to go out and buy more springs,think there must be abit more to it than that

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Cant it just be cause the engine is heavier and the springs are maybe for a astra from say 1.6 - 2.0? 2.0 heavier so lower? Just guessing...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were bought from motorworld,Apex for the exact model of car they have been fitted to.They have been fitted correctly ,do you think we should complain?.I think its as you say they are designed for a lighter engine,they have supplied the wrong ones

·
Registered
454 Posts
How short are the springs -40mm...-45mm...-60mm etc?

How long ago were thay fitted?

Was the kit new or used ?

Do you have spare wheel/sub/amp etc in the back ?

When I fitted my -45mm kit the rears took about two months to compress and settle in ...

Any pics to get a better idear?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
tbh the astra sits higher at the back as standard. fit lower springs on the back or loads of ice! mines lowered 50mm all round at the moment, but i;m thinking about buying a set of 60mm springs to chuck on the back. just an idea i guess.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
My astra sat high at the back with 40mm all round.

Then I fitted a set of custom rear 60mm springs.

This isnt the best of pics but you get the idea, and excuse the dirty car lmao

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The only problem I had was that the drivers side used to sit lower than the passengers side... or maybe its cause theres only really me in the car usually :confused:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i know u cant see the front in this pic but thats how the back sits lowered 50mm on 16's

now without lexus lights, smoked back on.and no petrol filler cap before u ask too

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
mk2 s as standard have the nose of the car slightly lower if you look at one and even if you lower them in my experience of five of em they always sit the same unless you put some ice in the back to weigh down more.

mk3 s are known to do this alot so 40 front and 60 back makes em even, to be honest they look strange when they have a equal amount lowered because the back looks to low on its own if you cant see the front if you know what a mean. put an extra spare in mate that will do it. ha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts