Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it may be possible to fit the check control system to a car other than an astra GTE.

I have GTE 16v front calipers, so could I fit the brake pad wear sensor?
Whats involved in the rear light bulbs check? and what other things does the check control display show?

just wondering.............

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
yeah you could put a check control in any car theoretically, its just a series of lights triggered by sensors.

for example there is a sensor in the washer fluid resoviour when the level falls below the sensor it illimantes the warning light.

there are also sensors for oil, coolent , headlights, brake lights etc etc

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i dont mind fitting, and chopping into wires.

any other gen on what bits i need and how things fit in? whats involved in the map module?

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
the lamp module is in side the dash take out the bit above the glove box and you should see the too screws that secure it in place.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any more info on this.....

so what do I need to get? so far;

check control display
lights sensor box
oil dip stick with sensor
windscreen water sensor
engine water sensor

anything else needed?

how are the brake pad sensore fitted, how do they work?

cheers.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not fitting it because i have just got gte brakes, just thinking of fitting it into a nova as a mod. If its easy enough to do it might be worth it.:)

may not bother with the brake pad sensors, just have all the other sensors. I heard that the brake pad sensors can be unreliable?

I was thinking of fitting the warning lights for the check control into the gaps at the bottom of the digidash, I have some light sections on the dash that are not used such as ABS, engine management, etc so I could put the warning lights in there.

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
Phil349 said:
any more info on this.....

so what do I need to get? so far;

check control display
lights sensor box
windscreen water sensor
engine water sensor

anything else needed?

how are the brake pad sensore fitted, how do they work?

cheers.
It is a little more complicated as the sensors are different in different ages and 8v 16v models of cars. If you get everything from one car you should be fine.

The pad sensors clip to the pads and have a wire that goes through them. When the pad wears down the wire becomes worn away. On start-up a current is fed through the wire by the check unit and if it returns the unit knows the wire has not been broken and assumes the pads are in good condition

·
Registered
208 Posts
mine has never worked since i got the car about a year ago

had a look when i first got it and about three bulds were missing
spent an arm & a leg on new bulds to find the lights stayed on all the time.
one was washer water so had a look at sender and that was all ok, but light would not go out:mad:
so took bulbs back out
lmao

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be picking up all the check control bits soon, so is there anything else I need besides whats listed below. I want every component of the GTE check control, then I can sort everything out after ive got it all.

check control display from dash
lights sensor box from behind dash
windscreen water sensor
engine water sensor

Is there anything else, cables etc???

cheers.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok cheers.

anything else then? is there any seperate looms or connectors, etc I may need. I have never messed with the CC before so want to make sure i get everything.

cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts