Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one of these beasts, and can you give me any advice on them, as the Slob Mobile ha had a pretty lively month hm hmm, so i may be looking for a new set of wheels.
Question is, do i go for the Astra, for oomph, or the Cavvy, for comfort?
What sort of price am i looking at here?
About £3,000?

Any info much appreciated,

Cheers, Slobby.

ps. You haven't quite got rid of me yet. :D

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Hope you aint trying to start this er... discussion :rolleyes: off again matey :p

You'll get a Cav GSi for a lot less than the Astra GSi and the cav comes with more toys and is more practical (boot and 4 doors)

The Astra will be a bit more like a go-kart but you wont go back to an Astra once you have had a Cav, I know.... I've been there. The size may put you off a bit but its not that much bigger and is a lot more "respectable" on the road.

If you want total fun then go for the Astra. If, like me, you like your comforts in your old age then go for the Cav.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must admit, that i've been given a curtesy car (green Fiat Punto S) but as it says no animals inside, i can't have Waynetta(hm hmm) and my Staffie (Holly)in it, so i've been using a 1.8i cavalier instead.(thoroughly mucky now) :eek: :rolleyes: :D

It's certainly more roomy, and in a way feels maybe safer than the Astra, but lacks the oooomph.
I spose wot i really need to do is find one i can have a go in. It'll have to be from garage though i think, as with my current luck, i wouldn't want to be responsible for anything happening to it.(thanx Lionel, for the offer) ;)
A Cavvy is great i think, if you are gonna be carrying ppl about alot, but as a bit of a Maverick(sad bar steward) :D I think i'd be perhaps better off looking towards the Astra GSi. I'm not afan of mk3s really, but the GSi does catch my eye a bit.
I wonder how much one about K reg would cost?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Its got to be the cav, your getting all the toys for a lot less cash, personaly i think the cav GSI looks nicer than the astra GSI not so plasticy inside either, the performance is pritty much the same still the good old c20xe motor so neither i going to be really slow. Just think a decent cav GSI will set you back around £2000 or less with all the trimmings and one of the best standard bodykits on any car. The astra will cost between £3000-£5000 and comes with bugger all in comparison...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Another Cav vote here, and agreement with all comments already issued, the main one being you will get a better Cav for your money. 3K will get you one of the best maintained Cavs with a late year. The same price Astra will be older or poorer condition.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry cav owners, i've got to disagree. I think the astra GSi looks amazing in standard and even better once lowered and with some decent wheels. I do like cav's but i think they are looking a bit dated now, although i see the point you are making about being less money. You could pick a mint cav GSi up for about £3,000 where an astra GSi would be more like £5,000. Just comes down to personal preference in the end. The choice is yours! (pick the astra) :D :D

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Gary.. if cavs are the kiddies that have their lunch money nicked and tie 'pea-nutted'; I think they are also those indiviuduals who see the nasty bullies in later life when they're all growed up and watch them run away with their tail between their legs :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.