Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Will Astra GSi Spoiler suit the Plain-ish Cesaro??

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am only gonna get the GSi bumpers if they come available in Red, dont wanna do any "major" respraying, due to cost.

However, should I get the GSi boot spoiler (which is red) ... or would that look odd, as the rest of the car has black trim on ...as does the original Cesaro boot spoiler ...matches the rain guttering on roof.

THIS IS MY CAR BELOW:

Will this SPOILER look odd on my Cesaro, without any other GSi kit?
(NOT my car)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
cant see it m8
although, there is an astra spoiler like urs, that goes down the window like the gsi one, i think it was fitted to sports, it stays inside the window boundaries and lines up with the roof gutter things, nice subtle change imo

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Ch405 said:
cant see it m8
although, there is an astra spoiler like urs, that goes down the window like the gsi one, i think it was fitted to sports, it stays inside the window boundaries and lines up with the roof gutter things, nice subtle change imo
the spoiler your on about is the phase2 mk3 gsi.
check this out its gsi spoiler fitted to astra si/cesaro

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
does the GSI spoiler use the same fixing points as the standard spoiler? in other words, is it a straight swap or is some modding involved?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnsastra8v said:
the spoiler your on about is the phase2 mk3 gsi.
check this out its gsi spoiler fitted to astra si/cesaro
Its the same spiler in the GSi pic I posted above? I see no difference.

Dafz, My spoiler already has 2 fixing ppints near the top of the roof of boot, near the end of the drainage lines... GSi has four fixing points, so I believe I'd have to drill 2more holes into the Astra tailgate...??

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cesaro said:
Ive heard you need the 'backing' plate thing too?
what backing plate??

Thanks Lee... will use strong bonding agent! ...drilling will be messier and more scope to go wrong.
Cheers

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
if you wanna fit the gsi spoiler, you need the mounting bracket too. it's like a smaller black spoiler that fits on where the non-gsi ones fit. then the gsi spoiler skin fixes to that, and the car body. as lee said, you'll either need to drill 4 holes in your tailgate (i did this and it was a biatch of a job) or cut the fixings off the spoiler, sand it down so it sits flush with the tailgat and bond it on with something like silkaflex or tigerseal.

but personally, i think you should get a non-gsi phase2 spoiler in red.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Don't know what that looks like Johnny.

I have a spoiler on my car at mo:...

so will the GSi one be ok? as the above should have the 2 holes for fixing, as u described? Already bought it...

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
the phase 2 non-gsi is very similar to that, but a few models came with them body colour. just thought it might be easier coz there's no drilling/bonding involved.

the gsi one will fit fine as long as you have the mounting bracket. you WILL need to either drill holes or bond it on lower down though as there is nothing already in place to fix it to on non-gsi astras. if you've already bought one, you'll see exactly how it all works if you offer it up to the car.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JohnnyDMonic said:
the gsi one will fit fine as long as you have the mounting bracket.
Yes, the GSi spoiler has DOES have the black backing plate already afixed to the underside. Sorted.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
I've got a phase2 Sport spoiler if you want to go with something smaller. It is in yellow though. Don't go for the late GSi ones - they look a bit.... hmmm.. soft?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.