Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im Just Finishing Off A Mk3 And Need A Gsi Rear Bumper From A South African Import Can Anyone Help Also Any Pics Of Astra Cabs Mines A Full Conversion Engine Kit Bonnet You Name It How Many Are There About

·
91,273 Posts
iirc its from a south african 200IS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
who do i contact numbers needed come on guys someone knows how surely maybe you got one for sale plz post pics of your cabs to

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
You wont find one in this country other than Si's, his was the only one in the country at prolly still is.

From what i remember it was an absolute arse getting it over here, due to the size it had to come freight and took weeks and had numerous problems getting customs etc to release it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ta for help guys i have been checking ebay etc for weeks but no luck and been trying to contact simon no luck there if anyone see one or got any info plz contact me

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
There's been a 160is and 200is breaking on here.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Right then, first off. The Spares place

R&JS
24 Turf Club Street
Turffentin
Johannesburg 2092
South Africa
Phone: 0027116835603
Fax : 0027116833819

See if Billy's still there as that was who Si has dealt with. Take it easy as it's tricky trying to understand the South African accent as his is very strong.

Ok then, the shipping line that Si dealt with is:

ECU Line South Africa (PTY)
Export Operations
ECU-LINE
Durban 4001
South Africa
Phone: 0027313046757
Fax: 0027313046704

Again, you want to see if you can speak to a Kiru Naicker. He was dealing with UK shipments. He is really helpful. His e-mail is [email protected]

Hope this helps mate. It was difficult sourcing these people in the first place, but at least you know how and where to get hold of them.

But tbh, my advice would be to gather standard/gsi rear bumpers, pictures of the ts/is one that you want and find a willing bodyshop to fulfil your needs; i have no doubt that it'll be far cheaper, easier and less hassle this way as you'll be in full control from start to finish, not at the mercy of a foreigner or shipping company.

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
My mate owns Si's car now. It runs a std saloon r/bumper daily & the 200TS item is in the roof of the garage for safe keeping & shows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mice one andy ta for the numbers ill see what they say but does sound difficult mite go down the route of getting bodyshop to make one up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts