Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got this over heating problem, the temp is reading 95-100 theres no leaks, the radiator fan works, even with the fan on the temp rises. has anyone got any ideas?
cheers.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I would've said that temp range was about normal when sitting in traffic. Or is it running that high when on the move aswell?
Temp rising with the fan on is a bit strange though. Does the rad look to be in good condition, i.e fins aren't all bent or anything? Could try flushing the system aswell, see if it might be partially blocked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thermostat

yeah the rad looks fairly new, i had a word with a few mates of mine they said check the thermostat, its fairly new, i done a boiling water check with a kettle ( mum dont know) and found that the thermostat opens up about 3mm which seems like its faulty. cant believe it, bought it a few months back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
changed the thermostat under warranty, didn't help. has any 1 heard of the water pump impeller not pumping the water round even though its cam belt driven. i found that when started from cold and driven down the road the temp starts rising immidiately. what do u guys reckon, water pump? im gonna flush out the rad and c what happens if that dont help then ill have to change the water pump. temp rechease just up to 100 - 110.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
has any 1 heard of the water pump impeller not pumping the water round even though its cam belt driven.
It's possible that the impeller on the waterpump could come off the shaft, so the pulley on the cambelt run could be turning, but not moving anything around inside.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive found the problem, it was only the temperature sender unit, it was reading high, didnt know it would do that i would have thought it wouldn,t have worked at all when its faulty, hey what the hell sorted it.
thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts