Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

astra g coupe power sounder

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ayresyy 
#1 ·
Recently had to take my car to vauxhall to disconnect my power sounder. Any ideas how it's re-connected - they want £170 to replace and refit power sounder but have seen power sounder for £15 and will attempt to fit myself if possible .

Any help appreciated

#6 ·
I just pulled a power sounder from a 2002 Astra soft top and it had a lot of corrosion on both sides on the CB, from leaky NiMh batteries. This was making the unit go haywire. Wouldn't a replacement used unit be likely to have the same leaky old batteries, which will sooner or later cause problems?

#7 ·
Yes, they are all more or less dead now with the youngest ones being 15 years old. You can buy new a battery for them (ebay was where I found one) and solder them onto the board. Bit of pain getting into it, but it can be done.

Alternatively, you can just unplug the power sounder and forget about it, the alarm will still function normally albeit minus the back-up sounder for when the battery is removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.