Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does it read, I dont understand it as its got like bars that can read different read outs like the water one, but isn't it just like a warning when the oil is getting low?
It hooked up to a 2ltr 8v cav SRi engine.

Neil

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where would it be connected to, which sensor? mine reads all 5 bars all the time.

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
You need a sender with two connections.

One connection is for the bars (oil pressure) and the other one is for the low oil pressure light (like the one normally fitted to non digidash cars).

·
Registered
74 Posts
2ltr 8v said:
where would it be connected to, which sensor? mine reads all 5 bars all the time.
well ive just topped up my oil as i carnt get a readin on my dipstick! just to be on the safe side, but mines reading 5 al the time now, im not sure wether ive over filled it or wot!?!!

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
it will read full when cold, and full when revved but should drop when idling hot. the sender is in the back of the oil pump, directly below the altenator, check the wiring if not replace the sender.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.