Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come unfrotunately for me to sell my Astra Coupe Turbo, I have been considering it for some time as I have a baby on the way and am about to buy a house, so I need something a bit more economical to run and also a bit more family orientated. So she has to go.

There is a lot to say about the car and so I will probably miss bits but I will try to get everything in here.

The car is an 04 plate with just over 34000 genuine miles (Mot's and full service record to prove). I bought it almost 2 years ago on 12k, and since then it has been and still is being used as my daily drive, most of the miles I have covered however are essentially motorway miles, as my work is 22 miles up the A303, so I do about 220 miles a week, mostly "motorway miles"

The car has never been thrashed to within an inch of it's life, never been red lined or hit the limiter since I have owned it, I like a car to be quick, but I don't push them too hard as I never need to for the driving I do.

Tax is about to run out, but can be added for the right price, MOT is until early November (4th or 5th I think). Last service was done in March.

The car has been modded a little, I have fitted a Scorpion cat back system along with a Milltek precat removal pipe. It has VXR spark plugs, uprated air filter and TX autosport 57mm Intercooler. It has a stage one map on the car at present, but i've never had it on the RR so I couldn't tell you the exact power it's running, I would suspect somewhere between 220-230bhp, with a proper re-map however now the Intercooler is on then I would think you could hit near 250bhp. Also has forge uprated re-circ valve fitted.

Externally the car has had Raceland Coilovers fitted, Tinted rear lights and side indicators and the alloys have been changed from the standard alloys to some Momocorse Alloys (Still at 17").

The intercooler and Coilies have only just been fitted in March, so only been on for about 600 miles if that.

I have also put in Leather seats instead of the cloth seats, with the front 2 seats heated, I also have door cards but haven't yet got round to fitting them, so the door cards are still cloth at the moment. I have had a TC loom and switch installed as well so the TC can be turned off should you so wish (I have yet to find an instance where this was needed, but I was thinking of getting it re-mapped so figured it would need to be off for the RR, hence it being installed)

Along with the car as it is with all the modification, I also have a couple of spare parts and a lot of the original items, which would be included, this would allow you to return the car to standard, should you ever wish to do so, or you could just sell them on here and make back a couple of hundred quid!

Standard parts available are:
Cloth interior along with door cards (Leather, as not fitted yet)
Standard suspension
Standard Intercooler
Standard front grill
Full Standard exhaust system
Second set of non-standard rear lights
2 Solid boost pipes with DV Spouts, (With some silicon hosing)
2 dump valves, one Baileys and one Collins
I think I still have a replacement AFM somewhere, as I thought mine had gone but it hadn't, the Diaphragm on the recirc valve had split.
I also have a fibre glass JDL bodykit consisting of front splitter, side skirts and rear bumper extension which would be included. It would need spraying and fitting as currently sat primered in my shed.

So as you can see there is probably £200-300 worth of extras if not more to do with as you will, or you could return to standard if you are happy with standard performance and make even more selling on the uprated parts.

Also the Cambelt and Water pump was changed last year so this car should give you many years trouble free motoring, as it has done me for the last 2 years. I have receipts for a lot of stuff but I have lost a couple, I think the cambelt receipt is one such receipt but I can give you the garage details who I am sure will be more than happy to confirm that it has been done. I generally always use the same garage and they also recently fitted the Intercooler and Coilies etc!

Bad Points:
Ok, so every car has them, and this is no exception.
1) There is a ding on the boot lid, which could do with straightening out and and a touch of paint putting on, also a couple of scratches on the rear bumper could do with the smallest of touch ups. I don't think this would cost too much though.
2) The alloys also are quite kerbed so ideally could do with a refurb.
3) I had an issue a couple of weeks back where it felt like the clutch was slipping, however I have not had it since, so I am not sure if it was slipping or not. Ideally you woudl probably want to uprate this anyway before re-mapping for bigger power. Choice is yours, but i'm trying to be as honest as possible.
4) Small tear on the rear bench, which has been glued back together. Seats were bought like this, I was going to get them re-done but as I never have anyone in the back I never got round to it!

Ideally looking for quick sale as want to get a Derv replacement sooner rather than later. £4500 O.N.O

I don't have many pics at present but the ones I do have are posted below, can get more if required:

This pic was on the sale ad when I bought her, so is the car in it's original state.

This is an interim photo, alloys fitted but no dark side repeaters or lowering

This is the most recent one, dark side repeaters fitted and lowered 20 at the front and 30 at the back, which makes it sit level.

As said I am open to Offers, looking for a derv so may even entertain a swap deal for the right car. again, £4500 O.N.O

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bank Holiday bump with extra pictures to show the aforementioned damage to boot lid and seat etc.:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reduced to £4,100, and now with 6 months tax added at almost £150!! Make me an offer, willing to consider any half decent offers!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back up again, Offers welcomed and anything considered, want this gone now!!! Insurance is due soon and would rather shift it before the new premium comes in!!! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts