Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Astra Cab Turbo

559 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Turbo Cab 
#1 · (Edited)
Astra Cab Turbo (with a little smoke) HELP !

Hows you all this fine evening ?

I have a small problem,

When my car is warm/well hot running for some time i get a little light white/ blue smoke and only on idle as soon as its reved its fine, I have a Calibra Turbo ebgine fitted, someone said the Head Gasket, but its not using any water at all, and someone else said the turbo seals, but its quite a new turbo (stage 3 hybrid) has anyone else got any ideas.

Thanks

#4 ·
But it looks nasty, all the smoke, is there any way to stop it !

The car runs high boost at 1.8 bar, its last Dyno was 1.4bar at 274bhp,

Its set at 10psi for now as its used every day, but for strips ect its increased to 1.5bar. the Turbo will run more, was fitted by Turbo sports just out side peterborough.(it was second hand but he said it seemed ok on the fase of it)
It was a bigger turbo T3 Stage 3 Hybrid he said, i had to change some pipes for the exhaust as it was all back to front. (nice bill for that not)

#6 ·
Last 1/4 was 13.23 with 1.8bar, full boost, should be around the 300bhp mark, but with the 19"rims it slows the car a little but well so so bloody fast. as soon as you hit 3000revs the boost will pin you to the seat.
When i start the car there is no smoke its just when warm/hot. and only on idle, does not do it all the time it comes and go's.

#8 ·
Glad its not just me thats having this prob, Its seems to be a normal thing with the cav/calibra Turbo lumps.
I have taken the car out the last few days ! (suns out so the tops been down)
Someone has scratched the side, So its going to need a little paint now,
Anyone got any ideas of a new intercooler for my car, i have one from an Iveco Lorry at the mo so so big ! but somone said that its not as good as a pace one ? would that help cool the turbo down. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.