Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently trying to find some pictures or vid clips of my car at thye Vaux Speed and show day, i ran at least 7 quarter times, it really makes a change not having to queue up all day just for 3 runs, had a really good time, any pics will be appreciated cheers
:D

ah, also i managed to pull a [email protected] with a crap start my 205/40/17s were at 32psi on fronts!! i thought i'd let them down a bit, f uck knows what psi they were before i did lol i crossed the line everytime in 5th? did any other f28ers expierience the same? was changing around 6200rpm every gear

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I only managed a 14.1 at 107.5 mph. Just couldnt get any traction down the strip, i rekon i got more on the bloody road.

Only did 6 runs, had to put one of my boost pipes back on as it blew off just before i was going to race the v6 astra.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scooby said:
I only managed a 14.1 at 107.5 mph. Just couldnt get any traction down the strip, i rekon i got more on the bloody road.

Only did 6 runs, had to put one of my boost pipes back on as it blew off just before i was going to race the v6 astra.
i definately get 100 percxent better pull aways on the road without a doubt, this q mile strip did feel a bit slippy to say the least i did 6 runs my first being a 15.2!!, was pissed off, (so were the stewards at the end of the track when i slowed to 75mph to swing round that right hander at the end of the track hahah) got wheelspin to 3rd plus i missed 2nd (idiot). After that my times gradually went down as i sort of got used to the strip surface i reckon i may have broken into the 13s if it didnt piss down later in the day

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I totally agree mate, mine normally grips in late second on the road but yesterday it near enough span out in 3rd.

Slicks on the front may have made a difference on the day i think. I expected early or late 13's too but happy with 14.1 at my first time attempt at this event.

Just have to get my arse into gear and fin the nova turbo to run that at pod this year

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Anybody got a copy of the leaderboard? I wanna see if those kid;s in the lawnmower engined tot-rods beat me....LOL

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scooby said:
I totally agree mate, mine normally grips in late second on the road but yesterday it near enough span out in 3rd.

Slicks on the front may have made a difference on the day i think. I expected early or late 13's too but happy with 14.1 at my first time attempt at this event.

Just have to get my arse into gear and fin the nova turbo to run that at pod this year
yeah definately looking at the 13s for pod will let my tyres down a bit more and spin the f uck out of the tyres before every run i found that made a difference a managed to knock a second off my fist time by the end of the day untill it rained..what a bastad!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
turbo_chronic said:
I got a video of you doing a run mate but its on my phone - not the clearest of vids but oh well!
Was a good day out till it rained :rolleyes:
Doh!! yeah was a good un, when it rained i resorted to beer as an alternative source of entertainment :D :beer: :p

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
had a couple of runs in mates cars up that strip, felt greasy to me.
wish i'd have took my car now as i think mine could have walked away with 2 trophys n not my mate

·
91,273 Posts
I crossed the line in 5th too, was in a dylema of wether to change or hit the limiter, made the right choice and changed, getting a 13.77. I tried to get a copy of the official standing but no-one had any. I think i can 2nd to the CossVaux nova, and there's no prizes for 2nd! lol
On my 2nd run i red lighted, and span up badly, with a 14.7.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
what are your terminal speeds with F28? n whats your rev limit?
i'm no where near 5th gear in mine doing 105-110 terminals???

·
91,273 Posts
102.96, Phase 2, but wasn't near the limiter in 5th, i was thinking of redlining it in 4th.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
maybe they put glue on the track like santapod ? which is basically rubbish for road tyres, and bloody good for slicks. doing a big burn out definately helps.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts