Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it a non vauxhall question but does anyone on here drive a Seat Leon Cupra? Just need some info on them.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
steveflatley does but no good asking him technicial qestions as he'll only be able to answer 'it's yellow':D

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
decent cars. my mate has the cupra R - 225 brake out of one of the bestr engines in a car today, brembo brakes as standard, traction control, climate control, stability control. and quite quick for being a reasonably big car

rodgerq

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
cant say that about the R. brakes are superb, 305mm iirc and 4 pots makes for decent stopping power. i take it the cupra has different stuff on then. ride and handling are great

rodgerq

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
must be somethin up wae his brakes then, my mates are great. pedal feel is good, bites are soon as you touch it and pulls you up very quick if the need arises.

rodgerq

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've not driven an R but had a go in a 180bhp Cupra and was thoroughly disappointed with its performance. I just couldn't get it to go. I also had a dabble with one in my old Chav Ecotec and he was no quicker.
The R would obviously be quicker but can't see it being that much of a leap for 45bhp. Brakes were good though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lenbeach said:
I've not driven an R but had a go in a 180bhp Cupra and was thoroughly disappointed with its performance. I just couldn't get it to go. I also had a dabble with one in my old Chav Ecotec and he was no quicker.
The R would obviously be quicker but can't see it being that much of a leap for 45bhp. Brakes were good though.
The Cupra R does 60 in less than 7 seconds so it aint slow, and even the Cupra 180 does it around 7.5 so that aint slow for a STANDARD car. Was your CHAV ecotec standard or was the cupra driver just playing with you lmao . How can anyone say that a car with brembo 4 pots does not brake well? It probably stops on it's nose even the cupra stops very well, it has ABS,EBD, and ESP to help as well.

I am looking at a 1.9 150 brake Cupra diesel plenty of torque I think the quoted figure is 320Nm not bad. Found this one is in the trader quite nice:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts