Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I went to open the boot on my Nova this morning to find loads of water inside the boot and plenty of it coming out of the holes in the bottom of the boot, and I wondered why the boot floor was wet the other day! I thought about plugging the two little holes in the bottom of the boot but obviously if I do this then the waters gonna stay in the boot and rust it, but if I don't the the floors gonna get rusty instead :( Anyone got any ideas on how to stop this?? ta

·
Registered
195 Posts
i would check the rubber boot seal and tthen check the two bump stops on the bootlid, maybe they are needing adjusted (screwed down)

or you could take everything out the boot including carpets and parcel shelf so that you can see the floor etc, and use a hose or big bucket and run water over the bootlid from top and around sides, you might then be able to see where the leak is and give you more chance of fixing it properly

(but then again, if its just a one off and hasnt happened before...maybe someone didnt close it properly?)

also if you have a rear wash/wipe, check the hose hasnt come loose between the car and boot...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
philzee said:
i would check the rubber boot seal and tthen check the two bump stops on the bootlid, maybe they are needing adjusted (screwed down)

or you could take everything out the boot including carpets and parcel shelf so that you can see the floor etc, and use a hose or big bucket and run water over the bootlid from top and around sides, you might then be able to see where the leak is and give you more chance of fixing it properly

(but then again, if its just a one off and hasnt happened before...maybe someone didnt close it properly?)

also if you have a rear wash/wipe, check the hose hasnt come loose between the car and boot...

Cheers for that, I dont think It's the washer unless It's split but still washes my window! It's not that I didn't close the lid properly tho I wish it was, Ive only had the car a couple of weeks and noticed the boot floor was wet so I dried it but It's got wet again, what do you mean by two bump stops? I can't see any bump stops I can see two little holes tho one at either side of the bottom of the boot!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
check the seals on the rear light clusters(feel about for water around them), if they are buggered water will trickle down the edge there and collect in the boot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts