Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, it's been a while since I posted :0

Does anyone know if I can fit a Zafira leather trim into a Zafira without leather? The only complications I can see initially are that the leather front seats have airbags and the cloth ones don't? Will this cause any issues? Both are 2.0DTi Elegances, one an 02 and the other an 03. The leather seats are also heated but as usual, hidden behind my blanking covers on the dash are the connectors for the heater switches to slot in to. I guess if I add a relay and fuse, assuming the wiring will also be at the seat base, I should be in business?

It's just the Airbags I'm not sure about? I expect the wirings there for the additional seat bags too but will the SRS system accound for two extra bags? -will it need resetting at Vauxhall or should I even swap the airbag ecu over?

Any advice would be appreciated as I'd hate to lose the chance of a leather upgrade!

Cheers N

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks davefly76,

No problem with that however, I need to ensure that the cloth trim without airbags doesn't upset the SRS system in the car it's swapping back in to??

I suppose I should have made that a bit clearer? That's the real issue? I'll be no worse off w/o them wired up but the other Zafira mustn't have any warning lights on because two airbags are missing from it's system? I guess I'll need to look at the loom a bit closer to see if there's any adapters / blanking plugs in my spare SRS leads with the cloth seats? if so, perhaps they'll need to be swapped also?

Why are cars so complicated?? It used to be so easy swapping bits over! It's only going to get worse I guess -multiplex wiring and so on?! :(

·
Registered
930 Posts
oh, i see

can't help you right now then, i could ask one of the techs at work for you but that won't be till tuesday

:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers bud, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks for the quick replies too :)

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I would think disconnecting the battery first and leaving for a while should stop any faults, but would wait for the full tech advice.

·
Registered
930 Posts
bugger, completly forgot about this

i'll ask tomorrow

sorry mate

·
Registered
930 Posts
if you disconnect the side airbags the warning light will come on. the only way to turn the light off is to buy a new airbag ecu and programme it for front and roof (if it has them) airbags only

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
davefly76 Thats interesting.

So what you are suggesting is that the ECU can't be reprogrammed and there fore is the same in all Zaf's? It's all down to how it's configured when installed. I.e. this leathered Zaf also has an optional protection pack which consists of rear and middle curtain bags and the front seat bags! If I removed the front seat bags then reprogrammed a new ECU, I may be in luck? It'll recognise the usual dash bags and the rear extra ones and not be fussed about the missing front ones?

Could you see what your man thinks about that?

Thanks again.

N

·
Registered
930 Posts
iirc from what he said, you actually programme i the ecu for the amount of airbags in the car regardless of where they are

1 - 11 of 11 Posts