Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi is there anyone in bristol whos really up to date with turbo cars fancy having a quick look at mine to see whats up with the dam thing, no signs of the turbo working becuase as i hit 3000 revs no difference in alceration is notice check vaccum hoses over and cant see any thing wrong so if this dont work with have to take it into dtm sometime and have it looked at

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Double check the vac hoses for splits,holes and make sue there are connected to the boost circuit. Then whip off the exhaust throat(elbow)and see if you can manually turn the turbo,if not its seized. While your there your should be able to see the penny valve,if its not there yove got a prob as all the exhaust gas will be wasting hence not spining the turbo.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Just do a quick test to see if it is capable of boosting. Unhook the actuator from the wastegate, tie the wasegate shut and run it up the road. If it does start to boost then back off straight away.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just check to see if any fault codes was stored got codes 31 and 144 blimey if i knew the car was going to be this amount of hassle i would of kept on driving my astre gte

1 - 5 of 5 Posts