Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Any meets this way on?

6K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  Marks-gte 
#1 ·
As above really. All seems quiet in this area, so I was just wondering if there's any meets in or around the area?

#12 ·
the problem with meets is that the north east section is huge. Got members from south york upto northumberland, and picking a place for a meet, bbq, meal whatever is always going to upset people that dont want to travel that far.
Well thats what I discovered last year.
I would love a meet, even if it was at pvs or possibly a rollin road day.

#18 · (Edited)
the problem with meets is that the north east section is huge. Got members from south york upto northumberland, and picking a place for a meet, bbq, meal whatever is always going to upset people that dont want to travel that far.
Well thats what I discovered last year.
I see how this could be a common problem but I think unless you use epic levels of anal to work out the exact middle its always going to be more distance for one than another.

However I think everyone likes to race and as a result a meet at york raceway will entice more ppl out of hiding. I'm not sure how the bbq thing would go down but if we was lucky enough to have the weather on our side could maybe sort that out too. I knew 1 of the lads that used to run events at york (also runs BIG PETE) but I dont know if he still gets involved or not although I could find out.

The only thing with a meet there is it'd have to be an open rwyb day as i'm guessing opening/organising it for a club meet alone could be difficult.

#14 ·
well we could allways arrange two meets though one for the more northern folk and one for the yorkshire lot or something off the sort its better than just not doing them at all! and its not really a n/e meet if we met a pv really is it wouldnt be much off a meet or get together either because people will be off round the show doing there own thing i know i will any way!

we could allways so to speak split the group down the middle and have two people organising a meet for each half off the area group?? something like that instead off not bothering! i still think it'd be a idea to do a meet a york dragway one weekend!

#22 ·
just been on the york raceway site
some needs to sort a day out
i would but just too busy at the mo!

Club Meets

York Raceway hosts car club meetings at these events, it makes a great venue for an annual or regional meeting and we can run a club shootout for your members. e-mail:info@yorkraceway.org.uk or call us on 01422 843651

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.