·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
Looks like a giant armoured land snail lmao

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£104 off eBay posted! Got to have a look at that price really. I knew it was big but I had no idea it was going to be that big!! Its a holset H2D and to be honest there's not really that much info online about them so I guess I'll just have to go steady with it when I stick it on something.
Plan is for a Saab engined bmw 316 compact but that's a few months away yet ;)

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
lol, might work. at least it's twin scroll. probably off a Scania like lmao

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well with it being a 4" flange it shouldn't be too hard to make my own manifold in theory as there's a lot more room for error unlike trying to fabricate a 2" manifold. The down pipe will be very easy too but I don't want a 4" exhaust if I'm honest, but saying that would it produce too much back pressure if I install a 4-3" conical reducer? Can't really see that much flow restriction if its early on in the system? Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
Prob not, it's had to get chopped to bits over an impeller in a 90deg bend, a 3" pipe won't be too bad lmao

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm taking delivery of another Saab donor car Monday but this ones already lined up for a Calibra but once I've sold the Cali I'll be looking for a 316. just don't know what to do really as in either strip it and sort of ruin it, or fit it with the best interior I can afford and keep the luxury side of it and still have some serious ponyage hitting the back wheels? I'll cross that 1 when I'm there I suppose. Also I'm not sure whether to use an old shape 316 compact or a newer shape (2003) model?!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Holset turbos are usually attached to big dirty Cummins engines. Me likey!!

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Oh my! lmao

Given that BMW Compacts aren't renowned for great handling, I'd fit the sturdiest roll cage you can :p. An old E36 Touring ****ter would be much better IMO.

·
Registered
46 Posts
looks like the one on my pc300 komatsu 360 excavator! fooking mahoosive lol

Y32se + big ass turbo + RWD = awsome mk3 cav saloon ;)

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
home made jet engine, with afterburner
been helping my mate fabricate some parts for his own home made jet engine with afterburner today funnily enough, will get pics when its running!

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
similar to my holset h2a!! get it on there lol stop being a ****.

mine is t3 flange though whats that t4?? there good bullet proof turbo's mate!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah it's t4. I haven't got anything to put it In yet mate! Haha :) I know the 316 isntvtge best handling but it's not exactly being built to set records at the ring! It's more to prove to myself that I can build something like that. (and hopefully make a small profit from it to fund the next build)

·
Registered
6,467 Posts

Holsets are fun!

Bloke on retrorides has compound charged a saab lump for the back of a reliant kitten!

Ginge

1 - 20 of 22 Posts