Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever come across a squeek from the front exhaust manifold? ive had this squeek for ages and it only happens after a few mins of heating up. its whenever the car pulls is when it squeeks.

i just got under my car and fiddled about and it is the manifold. i tried greasing it all and were the springs are but the grease ended up burning off.

anyone come accross this before and any ideas on how to fix it or am i going to have to get a new one.

thanks in advance

mark

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
u sure its manifold squeak? im aving this problem and thought it was the timing belt roller tensioner but after 200 quid past i still have it :( :mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im pretty sure it is, i pulled up after i got the car warm and rattled the exhaust and it was doing it. the sound came from the front.
when i greased it i went out for a spin and it didnt squeek for a while but the grease did just burn off.
anyone had this prob and solved it?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I had it on a manta, and it was just the bolts that secured the manifold to centre pipe under the car, one of them was loose. It had done it that long the threads had worn away. Replaced both bolts, kept the old springs and hey presto.
If it the bolts that go into a threaded flange on manifold pipe, just fit longer and put a nut on back. But dont use nylocks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts