Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate with Pug 205 1.4 xs has asked me to race him his is tandard as above, mine is 1.3 mk2 astra air filter new exhaust system 15" and lowerd

just wanna kno wot u reckon will i win cos if not ill put the race off dont want the embarassment :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
the astra is slightly "tubbier" than the pug, but what the hell toast him :D

i raced my mate in the work car park the other week, silly thing was he was going forwards and i was going backwards :confused: (in reverse)

·
Registered
225 Posts
the pug will win i expect.
I re-call being in reading when i pulled up to the traffic lights against a 205 xs.
Id just bought my gleaming nova gte with its modified 1600 engine and thought ive got ova 100 bhp, three up, he must have under 100 and hes four up. So the initial odds are in my favour (in my mind anyway)
So the lights went green and he whipped my arse, couldnt believe it, I was so embarressed!

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
I reckon the peugot, they are very very light and the engines are suprising fast,

i had a 954cc one and ud be suprised how damn fast it was for a go-kart also the handling on them is amazin so if u have any chance make sure its on the straights

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
PUG XS BEAT A GTE

THERE AINT NO WAY THAT A PUG 205 XS IS GONNA BEAT A NOVA GTE UNLESS THE NOVA IS TOWING A CARAVAN. MY OLD NOVA GTE STANDARD WERNT MUCH DIFFERENT FROM THE 1.6 GTI, UNTILL I FITTED A B+ HEAD CAMS INDUCTION KIT, MANIFOLD AND CHIP THEN IT WAS CONTEST FOR THE 1.9 GTI`S.

·
Registered
225 Posts
afraid so mate. My 1600 had a ported, polished and skimmed head, induction kit, uprated fuel pressure and magnex exhaust. he beat me with ease.
he must of had an mi16 or 1.9 lump in it to beat me that noticeably.

will.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have been in a 1.4xs and they rev higher than a astra so in the long run 100+ you will win. (In my opinion). Attach a tow rope round his rear towing eye and attach it to the nearest tree. Might be funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.