Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been working hard again today, concentrating mainly on sarah's 16v conversion

we tidies up all the bits we didnt get done yesterday, got round a few more litle problems, namely a lack of origiinal bolts lacking from the 16v engine.

after going to the SC meet, we got back too it, and early evening, I think it was gone 7 when it happened the engine started and ran properly, rattled away till the tappets shut up and is now as quiet as a mouse!!!

a test drive proved it was healthy and Sarah was happy bunny, as were most of the rest of us that it worked. I was particularly happy that everything worked properly I had worked with sarah on the saturday rebuilding the engine before it was put in the car!!

Jamie worked on saving a rusty element in Dan's Mk2 which is now safe as houses again!!

A good day if a little tiresome after our mammoth effort yesterday!!

Well done all!!

Tom

·
Registered
747 Posts
yeah tom......thank you sooooo much for helping me do this...i have learnt alot this weekend...so thankyou for your patience and help....i does mean alot to me!! :D :D

she drives so smoothly and quietly...its beautiful!!!!

gear changes are really smooth

i am a very happy bunny!!

thanx to dan, jamie and pete....and sharon (thanx for putting up with us babes!!)

sarah

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
My poor Mk2, I've gotta do something to stop the poor thing getting any worse. Trouble is the back of the metal Jamie has welded to already has a light dusting of rust, so I'll need to drill in between the two floor layers and fill it with waxoyl to at least stop it.

Some serious metal on my drive today:

We ran out of garden furniture, so we used the Mk3, with SimonP at the helm:

Obligatory mincing:

Benn being, well, Benn:

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
aye was a good day, a few funny moments included benn attacing the old 8v ecu and we were all wondering why it wouldnt start, danm you benn, and the best was Simon looking through the fench at dans next door nieghboughs kid from hell, the Simon got shoved face first into the fence, oh how we all laughedlmao

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
feck me i got a list of stuff i need doing, looks like ill head down ur way for a days mincing

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
was an excellent day, we all pitch in on each others car, buying the bbq supplies, making the tea etc, was a great weekend, simon in the fence was superb and how silly was benn not put the 8v ecu in when we needed the 16v!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.