Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been having a look on the Talk Audio forum & they highly recomend upgrading the wiries that go from the Alternator to the battary, the Battery tot he body & the engine to the body

so i'm gunna have a go at this, but i don't really know where to start ie does the wire from the alternator just go stright to the pos terminal & what size cable should i use ? 8awg, or 4 awg

also the engine to chassis connetion, i though this was normaly a earth strap ? if so do i replace the earth strap with an earth strap or do i use normal cable again what thickness

& the thickness of cable for the batt - to the chassis is pretty obvious, take it it will be the same size as the alternator wire

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
have a look what size wire you got at the moment and go the next size up as for the earth stap leave it as a earth stap as it has a bit more play in it but find a bigger one.

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
The alterantor is wired to the Starter motor, then the Starter motor is wired to the battery.

The Starter wiring is obviously thicker than the alternator wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.