Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Also posted in wanted section GRUNDIG Radio/Cassette problem

642 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  MSG 
#1 ·
My original Grundig stereo radio/cassette player will no longer work or accept the security code, the LCD display on the thingy you pull out and take it with you wherever you go! is no longer functional, so I need it repaired or has someone got half a dozen lying about gathering dust please let me know, must have A cassette player. and original style. :thumb:

Or can you fix it, or can you not fix it?

#2 ·
Right, managed to enter the 4 digit security code blindly, reason being that my LCD display is totally dead, can't see anything on, so I remember whenever the battery was disconnected, you had to enter the radio code, but one thing many people may not have noticed, if the code is 3718, you will need to enter 4,8,2,9. One digit up as count starts from Zero (0)

In order to go blindly, switch on ignition, press AS button and keep it depressed, and switch on the radio by pressing in the volume control button, then wait about 5 seconds, enter the first digit , by pressing button 1 four times, wait one second, then press 2nd button eight times, wait one second, then press button 3 two times, wait 1 second, then press 4th button Nine times and wait until you hear a beep and radio or cassette player starts to work, so this I managed to do blindly.

if you entered wrong code, or incorrectly, after 3 attempts you will be locked out for several hours, so make sure you keep power on for that time to expire before attempting to enter code again.

You should know how to do these especially if you are a pilot, how would you otherwise land a plane if you suddenly went blind.:face::lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.