Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me, I have no clue what to do with setting up my amp...

I have a Alpine cda-9812 head unit with mrd-m300 v12 amp and a 12" type R sub.

i cant seem to get the amp doing what it should be, i have no clue about subsonic and low pass filters or parametric eq lol.

anyone have the same sort of set up who can give me some tips?

ta

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
JohnL said:
can anyone help me, I have no clue what to do with setting up my amp...

I have a Alpine cda-9812 head unit with mrd-m300 v12 amp and a 12" type R sub.

i cant seem to get the amp doing what it should be, i have no clue about subsonic and low pass filters or parametric eq lol.

anyone have the same sort of set up who can give me some tips?

ta
would advise you read the manual, if you still don't get it then i would go to local ice shop and request help. i have had a quick look around and can't find much info on this amp. is it a direct connect system, where you can monitor and make adjustments through your headunits menus, or is it stand alone. if it is stand alone then the first step would be to set your headunit to its default settings, to do this i think you switch the unit off and press the reset button,(thats how you do mine). when the headunit is switched back on it should be at factory settings. on the amp set the crossover to LP (low pass), the frequncy screw to about midway, the gain screw to minimum, the cut off slope, if it has one, to its highest, will be either 12 18 or 24db i would think. play the head unit at approx 3/4 volume or just below the point where your mids are distorting, now increase the gain on your sub until it matches your mids or distorts, whichever comes first, now adjust your frequency downward until it sounds richer/deeper and increase the gain again, with a little time you will suss out what adjustment alters what, and will after a short while be able to get it to sound how you want it to sound. just remember its distortion that wrecks speakers most of the time not over powering them. once you have the sub amp set up somewhere near, you will be able to fine tune it using the headunits sub adjustments, like bass focus and bass band width and stuff.
as a norm, for me, the sub frequency is at around 70 hz and the gain is at around 1/3, but the gain will differ if you have high or low voltage pre-outs. you can if you wish use the inbuilt crossovers in your headunits menus, hope this helps mate.:beer:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, thanks for your reply,

this amp does not seem to have a gain screw or frequency screw, all is done by the digital screen, this is what has confused me...
I have only the following settings:
Input - level+gain
Low Pass filter - frequency
Subsonic filter - frequency
Parametric EQ - frequency/width/level
Bass Comp - on/off

if you manage to get a sec, this is my manual.
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/cms/index.php?t=204&manualsearch=MRD-M300

cheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
oh dear,:eek: .

not very helpful is it, tells you how to adjust everything but doesn't tell you what you are adjusting, or what difference each adjustment will make. the only way round it i can see is to take car to a place where you won't disturb anyone and have a play with all the different settings. if you read the manual you can see that if your headunit has its own crossover network,(the 9812 does i think), you can switch the amp filters off and adjust it through them. failing that i would pop it down to local ice shop and request a pep talk on what does what, if they can't help then phone alpines customer care line and they will put you through to a technician, who should explain and talk you through the correct set-up procedure. sorry can't be of more help mate, hope you get it sorted.:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts