Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new stereo fitted today Alpine 7893R

:D :D :D :D

This piece of kit is superb! Fitting wasn't as simple as I'd imagined. Because my previous stereo is an Alpine I though the connections would be the same but they weren't. Nothing too difficult though. Also had to run in an extra 12v live and an extra ground. This is due to the high power (4x60w) of the internal amp I think.
Then came big switch on :) Oh boy :) The sound is very crisp and clear. This was with a standard CD. I then popped in my disc of MP3's. 122 tunes, over 9.5 hours of music on one disc :) Also very good quality MP3 playback. You could tell which MP3's and been ripped from original CD's and which were downloaded from Kazaa. The original ripped MP3 quality was as good as a normal CD. Some of the downloaded MP3's were very poor in comparison.
The Media Xpander feature adds a bit too much bass for my liking. I'll need to read the instructions and tweak it about to suit my taste.
BTW this is just a short first review. It'll probably reveal even more features when I sit down and read the instruction book.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paul maxwell said:
does it skip???
Mmm... it's too early to say, I've only been a short jaunt round town. I'll report back once I've done a few more journeys.

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
i changed from sony to alpine over 4 years ago

never will i change

i noticed the quality and crispness instantly, the sound is fantastic thru 2 units i have had and three others i have heard in my mates cars

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Had my Alpine 2 months now, it's never skipped on me, and I'm about as enthusiastic as drivers get :D

Media Expander in my opinion is just right! Gives the music some extra va-va-voom

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK went for a blast in the car today. I cannot believe this thing does not skip :D I drove down bumpy B roads at speed and through pot holed town roads and it didn't skip once.

For a lowered hot hatch I think this is amazing :)

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
The one I've got never skips on mp3's, not even at 130mph over bumps....

/hyperthetical of course, I dont really drive that fast or have lots of illegal mp3's..... :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts