Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
A new video from Serres Racing Circuit.. It's very interesting because it's from a friend's car Honda Integra heavily tuned (245 bhp) with full slick tyres WTCC Yohohama ADVAN 240/610/17 vs my vectra on the last rounds that my Yokohama AD08 was oveheated and the car was a bit unstable (especially in braking before some difficult turns)..

The advantage of full race slicks are huge... (The integra did 4 sec better time than Toyo 888).

Honda Integra vs Opel Vectra @ SRC - YouTube

The same last round from vectra incar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42g0iSVQ-E

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, have just read through all 7 pages of this build from bits and pieces to a complete race engine that performs just perfect. the specs are amazing.

I have a few questions regarding the oil pump in particular. The gears looks alot like the ones in the Z32SE, but I am unsure if they are build from the same material. For how many miles has your engine performed by now, and with the LEH pump still going strong?. I believe that I could take the gears out and replace it, but no need for that if they are build from the same material. Although a new OE pump always would be better that an used one :)

Next question is the crank - I have thought of the same idea with knife edging the balancers and counter balancers for the very same reason. But how much extra did you have to pay for this operation compared to a balancing of the crank alone.

Looking forward to see more progress with this engine build, always love to see when engine builders try things on their own and get great results from it.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Wow, have just read through all 7 pages of this build from bits and pieces to a complete race engine that performs just perfect. the specs are amazing.

I have a few questions regarding the oil pump in particular. The gears looks alot like the ones in the Z32SE, but I am unsure if they are build from the same material. For how many miles has your engine performed by now, and with the LEH pump still going strong?. I believe that I could take the gears out and replace it, but no need for that if they are build from the same material. Although a new OE pump always would be better that an used one :)

Next question is the crank - I have thought of the same idea with knife edging the balancers and counter balancers for the very same reason. But how much extra did you have to pay for this operation compared to a balancing of the crank alone.

Looking forward to see more progress with this engine build, always love to see when engine builders try things on their own and get great results from it.

Hello My friend,

In the past I had a c20xe oil pump with a steel billet inner gear from sbd..
This oil pump even with the steel billet gear they saying that is not so durable in high rpm using as the newer type oil pumps... Also the newer type oil pumps have a lot more oil flow and bigger pressure..

So I didnt search it a lot, I just used simple logic.. I bought a newer type oil pump with part number of the most special engine version. Not x20xev, not z20let, I choosed the z20leh vxr - opc version.. Maybe is stronger maybe not from z20let pumps I dont know put they give different part number.

The only modification I did was to reduce a little the oil pressure, because my engine doesnt have oil jet for pistons or a turbo supply..

I have this oil pump from new for about 5.000 km. The 2.000 km of them is with hard using.. I don't think that cant last for a long time, as just the cars made to give you more than 250.000km with road using.. When I will rebuilt my engine, then I will check the oil pump. The oil pressure is good. If the std gear is billet, then the things are even better.

As for the engine block and the crankshaft, I used the newer cast iron block because it is stronger and tighteting better the bottom with a block girlde. The only dissadvantages for motorsport use was the balancing shafts and the gear on the crankshaft to support them.. So I removed all this...
This crankshaft is heavier about 2kg more than the x22xe crankshaft and have wider counterweights for strength and less flexing. As of this the con rod bearings are more narrow design.. So the give you less power losses, but the durability probably is less. But with the less flexing from wider crankshaft body probably again is a better choice..

So because I wanted a better engine response, I wanted also to lightening with knife edge and polishing.. If you do this work on the crankshaft will must balancing it again from start... The cost is a lot different depending the tuner and the country I suppose... For my case it costs 170 euro for lightening the crankshaft and plus 150 euros to balancing with the flywheel and the crank pulley.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
My new engine bay look

And my new electro-hydraulic PAS

And my new underdrive alternator pulley

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
It the last months, I did every research I could do with my engine tuning as a single throttle body form, with differnet types of airboxes, cone filters, hks open, hks in closed airbox , different 4-2-1 primary connections without cat.... The final stage is 275-280hp corrected... with std modified airbox with k&n panel filter, cat 100 d.p.i, two mufflers and classic 4-2-1 exhaust header with 4-1 2-3 primary connection but with stepped primaries from 1 - 3/4" to 2 inches..

Enjoy a video from a incar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z50TvZqFl58

Now let's think how will improve the turning ability.. :D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #173

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi alex

Im trying to convert my corsa c20xe to 2.2/2.3

Can i use y22xe or z22xe or C22sel block and crank
Instead of x22xe/x22se?
Cause its little hard to find fronta 2.2 im my country,

Best regards

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Hi alex

Im trying to convert my corsa c20xe to 2.2/2.3

Can i use y22xe or z22xe or C22sel block and crank
Instead of x22xe/x22se?
Cause its little hard to find fronta 2.2 im my country,

Best regards
Yes you can, I use the same

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tnx mate,
I just asking for sure
If I use y22xe on omega or z22xe, is all conversion is same as x22xe/se I mean about w/p timing belt gasket or...
Just use conversion rods and every thing will be OK

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
just different steel rods, but you cn find in the market for both types

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
The big end width - you also need to check you have the correct width bearings - IIRC, that cost Alex an engine.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts