Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best air filter 4 a mk3 astra sport x20xev ive got a modded air box chopped the bottom of it out sonds arite but i did the same 2 me other asrta sport that was a z18xel and that sounded beta whys that my x20xev as got a few bits on the engine what me other 1 didnt av is that why als any1 do a d cat 4 my astra x20xev cheers JC. :beer:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've got a K&N cone fitted very close to the Air Flow Meter pipe on my X20XEV. I've found that it seems to improve low rev torque and sounds more throaty too.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
if you want noise, then go for a cone filter. K&N, Pipercross, JR, Green Cotton are all well known. With these though, on some engines, namely the C20XE; the untoward feedback recognised from deccelerating is well known as "kangarooing" where the engine 'jerks', in some cases the engine may cut out depending on the ambient temperature of induction/air intake. Running lean is also a fundamental factor.

With the performance panel filter, it's a good compromise. Some minor modifications to the bottom pan of the airbox (hole drilling etc.) will ensure a nice induction sound without the side-effects of the cone filter.

These are all symptoms as a results of not being set-up appropriately on the rolling-road tune. Well advised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.