Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from a brilliant days racing at donny, was pit crewing as usuall, and we even won a pot(third in class, 16th overall)
there wassome top machinery there too
this ex works tourer was nice, how low is the engine??? the crank was literally just in front of the firewall!! they checked the pistons after every run with an endo too!

on the track

the fabled super mini, first time i've seen its engine cover off, new livery too!

stupidly quick skyline( well, in a straight line at least!)

nice fuel system!

nice roll cage too, but the wiring loom to the rear was huge!

stunning 'rarri, i really like the 360 shape, had probs all day though

our cavalier

in action!

bernie and andy, the trophy we won, and our third driver!

some carpark beauties, love the carbon roof on the m3 csl

was loads of racing on, stock hatch,mini challenge, historics, all in all a wicked day :D :D :D

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers, there was a huigecrash in the mini race, tore the rear subframe off one, totalled the front of the other, they tangled at 120 through the craners :eek: no pics though cos my phone went flat :rolleyes: i soooo need to get my liscence so i can have a go in the cav :D

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good spot, it was an ex works one, then he got it, then it got sold to the guy whos running it now, he had a year off saving for a new engine apparently, could explain the endoscope lmao

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you sure?seem to remeber the tech focus in ccc about it, defo works type prep though, look at the engine position!

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know how you feel mate! going to days like this makes me want to finish my car even more!! hows your going anyways? p.s any news on the carbon wings? :)

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
dunno, not been up for a while due to a lack of transport :eek: but there was a rough mould lying about last time i looked and there is just the weave to be bought
if you want glassfibre you could have them next week probably btw

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
16vastra said:
dunno, not been up for a while due to a lack of transport :eek: but there was a rough mould lying about last time i looked and there is just the weave to be bought
if you want glassfibre you could have them next week probably btw
ah cool, well i'll pm you when i kinda need em and we'll go from there, cheers rob :beer:

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok, but i thought it was a 99 shell with face lifted panels? who knows, fecking quick though, once they got it to start that is, took em three laps lmao

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.