Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an abs fault on my cav turbo, i flashed out the fault codes it says "45" resistance/connection's, both o.k so i thought fit a new one... still the same!!! i have reset the ecu and each time i set off the abs light comes on!!

the old sensor has code cj on
the new sensor has code cy on... will that matter as ive tried swapping them several times!
any help would be appreciated...

:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
> Well it's always possible there is a break in the wire between
> the wheel arch and the ABS connector.

This is what I had, but it did flash up a fault code.
I had a DVM on the end of the ABS sensor and was readgin the resistance as I was spinning the wheel. When bending the cable form about it suddenly lost readings then it came back. I had a small break in the cable form some where. I was lucky to find the spot and cut the wire out and solder it back up again with heat shrink all over it. Good as new :)

PS, yes I did buy a new sensor but I couldn't remove the old one for love nor money, it was well rusted in.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could reseat the ABS ecu connector for a start.
how do you do this??

just found out the sensor i took off with code CJ, is a front sensor!!
but it worked o.k for a while!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
> how do you do this??

If your ABS unit is in the enigne bay, look at the top of the unit and you'll see a large connector, bending but pointing down and connecting into the ABS unit. There should be a screw holding the plug down. Undo thie, extract the plug, clean the contacts with contact cleanner and scrub a way till clean. Then reconnect, tightn up screw and try again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts