Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The time has come to sell my beloved custom 1989 MK2 Astra , this is due to me basically not having the time to work on it anymore with a new job and also due to the fact that my bad back prevents me from doing any medium - heavy work on it anymore which rules out the V6 conversion I was planning for it.. I also don’t have the space to do this work now so it just isn’t practical anymore. I’ve owned this car since 1997 nearly ten years now and have lovingly tended to its every need and spent a large chunk of my life working on her, sadly though its time to move on as I want a ‘sensible’ car to get to/from work in. The receipts I have for work done and parts for this car run into the thousands and I have them all in a box here , many many people in the Vauxhall scene I’m sure will know of this car and the work that has been done on it and to the many that have helped me over the years a big thanks goes out to you all – you know who you are! Anyway back to the business in hand.. I’m very sad to see this car go but due to the reasons above I feel I have no choice and ideally I would love to see it go to a good home rather than being stuck here not being used it seems such a waste especially with summer coming up. Ideally I’d like to sell the car as complete rather than break it but if I have to then I will and I’ve given a rough idea of prices below that I would like for the parts , there will be loads I’ve missed off but I can deal with that as and when required…. The state of play with the car at the moment is that its sat here at my place and needs an MOT ,things it will need are : new front tyres (NO BODYWORK REQUIRED FOR MOT) , the door buttons need replacing (I have BRAND NEW ones here) the door mechanism on the pass side isn’t quite as good as the drivers side but a tiddly small job and again I have a new one with the car… , brakes are fine , engine fine , like I say I just don’t have the time to do these pretty simple things now to get it through its MOT.

One thing we did when rebuilding it was to extend the roof and sunroof drain pipes at the front and back so they actually don’t go near the bodywork and pop out through the floor onto the road so any water runs free of the car unlike the terrible Vauxhall design which makes the rear arches rust on a mk2… so water now just sit inside the car and comes straight out giving far far less chance of rust issues.. again I have pics of this work to prove it has been done. As you can see the stainless steel fuel filler cover has been moved into the rear ¾ panel – the fuel lines actually run back through the boot floor and into the tank using HGV fuel hose sourced from a local petroleum pipe company – that’s one think most people usually ask about as a really cool feature of the car plus it allows the full extent of the rear arches to be seen unhindered by a fuel filler. – again unique.

Bad bits – the bonnet will need a repaint as it’s faded a little bit in the sun with being stood. – small inexpensive job.

Ideally the wiring could maybe do with a bit of a tidy in the engine bay not a big job at all but something I didn’t bother to do as it was all going to come out for a V6 anyway.

The steering column needs a shroud on it as the standard one didn’t sit quite right when we fitted the MK3 GSI dash – again just haven’t got round to it.

PRICE , I’m finding it really hard to be honest to put a price on something totally unique,and something I’ve owned and put so much money into over the 9+ years and as you can see this isn’t some halfords-esque chav chariot !! , but seeing as I want a quick sale I’m going to say offers around the £1500 mark , I think that’s a very fair price for this car and would be able to get even more if I broke it for parts but as I say I don’t want to do that as it would be soul destroying.

This car with a few hours work will be show ready for summer , simply STUNNING looking a real head turner and talking point.

Only a few years ago that this car took pride of place with 2 other at the front of the MIG Vauxhall stand at the performance Vauxhall show at Santa Pod – one thing you must be prepared for if you fancy this car is the amount of questions people will ask you about it !! especially with the handle free entry !

Here is a link to the MOST RECENT pictures taken of the car ( 2 months ago)

http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2504

pictures can be taken on request and viewing is not a problem if arranged with me in advance so I can be in.

I can do a FULL SPEC LIST for anybody who’s interested but if I started here I’d be here all day and its sunny outside at the minute!

IF ………… – it comes to breaking this is roughly what I would be after for the bits – the shell I’d take offers on…. Also all heavy bits the buyer would have to remove themselves as my back isn’t up to it..

UNIQUE ONE OFF show spec rust free totally professionally rebuilt bodyshell with genuine NOVA rear arches fitted, relocated fuel filler cap to rear ¾ panel, carbon fibre rear ¾ panels, PLR sideskirts, fully smoothed out side swage lines and totally dehandled delocked mint doors. SWAfully underseal treated underside and through all new sills loads of pics available of bodywork in progress with pics of all new panels and work being carried out. EVERY slighty rotted panel was removed and replaced front and rear sides – everywhere , no expense spared again with pics for proof of all work – beautiful looking shell and probably the best you will find anywhere £ - offers

17’ mille miglia spiders - £280 – (prob need new tyres)

Champion recaro black leather interior £ offers please

Full powerflow stainless steel 2.5” system with twin 4” exit £100

MK3 trip computer with blue LED lights £15

MOMO race steering black wheel leather trim AND FITTING BOSS £100

Stealth shelf £15

Clear side repeaters £10 pair

Fully delocked and dehandled doors with brand new operating switches £80 pair

Bonnet with fitted genuine isuzu trooper vent £50

Brand new front wings with ford focus led repeaters £10 ea

Gorgeous one off front bumper with REIGER splitter fitted & mint front fogs £80

Rear bumper with cut out for exhaust system £50

Theres a load of ICE , boot 6cd changer , very good amp , oxygen free wiring, speakers and sub but I will have to get all the makes and do a full list . . .

Toad A101CL remote locking alarm system all wiring and fobs £80 (also have full fitting instructions / wiring diagrams for this somewhere too)

Mk3 astra GSI dash in black £60

Brand new black carpet £25

1.8E 8v engine – polished ported head , magnex 4-1 stainless manifold , chipped ecu + standard spare ecu, loom and all ancillaries with loads and loads of spares £100

GTE 16V rear beam with good discs + handbrake cable £45

Front 16v brakes & calipers with 140mm black diamond drilled and grooved discs £60

Full set 40mm Pi lowering springs and Bilstein shockers £50

Mint GTE tailgate & wiper £40

All black interior plastic paneling – offers on bits wanted….

GTE smoked rear light clusters - £30

Front headlights brand new £30 pair

Smooth scuttle panel with mk3 washer jets £25 (needs touching up)

Wing mirrors with door pop button fitment £20 pair

Stainless polished steel show & shine spec oil catch tank with hose & clips £25

All glass would be available on request

Basically EVERYTHING is available –

please email me on [email protected] or call me on 07708737271 for enquiries.

prob best not to PM me on here as I cant always get on these sites if im at work due to the firewalls- text or calls on my mobile I can answer at most times.

Cheers Pete :beer:
---------------------------
Where is the car located?: WIGAN LANCS
What is the age of the car?: 1989
Asking Price: £1500

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:beer::beer:

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will post new pics on soon as taken , cheers

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi again, please email me at [email protected]

or call / text me on 07708737271 as I cant always get on here to check pm's as I'm at work most of the time.

cheers then

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still for sale contact for more pics if required or viewing , apologies for delays in getting back to people with questions as I've been away

cheers Pete

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bttt :)

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right - I've seen another car I want and for a quick sale Im willing to let this go for £1250 !!!! at this price I'm practically giving it away!!!!! the car is worth more in parts alone I've been offered just short of £500 for the leather champion seats !!!! if you were to break this you would make a hell of a lot more besides.... ( Don't really want to see it broken ....) like I say quick sale needed at £1250 BIGGEST BARGAIN YOU WILL SEE!!!!

First to actually come and view it will buy !!

anyone on here who has seen this car will tell you what a bargain this is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts