Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a corsa easytronic which had a problem with one of the motors for the gearchange. A so called mechanic/neighbour fixed this for me and all was good for a week until the car broke down again. The car was recovered by the AA who suspected my clutch or clutch actuator to be faulty. I went to see the bloke who fixed it for me only to find out he's moved so I did a bit of searching and decided to take of the clutch actuator for testing. This came back as none repairable as the seals in the master cylinder have perished due to wrong fluid but if I get a new master they would fit it for me. Vauxhall do not sell the master only the complete clutch actuator ( approx �800 ) so I ended up getting just the master cylinder from my local breakers off another faulty actuator had it fitted to my actuator and then fitted it to my car and pressure bled the system. The problem i have is the car still doesn't move when engaging gears. Put the car in reverse and it bangs as though you haven't pressed the clutch in and first gear doesnt bang but don't hardly move which is what happened when the car broke down after this so called mechanic fixed it. Now I've been told the clutch needs to be replaced and I've also been told that my clutch actuator needs to be reprogrammed with the clutch biting point. Im not sure what to do so can someone point me in the right direction ? Thanks steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Steve,

I'm experiencing the same issue with my 2002 Corsa C, I know this thread is dead, but did you manage to fix it?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts