Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Nope but, as all things if you aint done it before, it can be a bugger to find.

Best thing is to look from above the gearbox. Look down between the gearbox and suspension turret parts and you should see a plug with a HEX head on it sticking out about 1/4 inch from the gearbox.

Alternatively you can get to it from underneath (easier seen when you find it but trickier initially) - Go under the car and look up the side of the gearbox. If you wiggle your head around to look thru all the gaps that the chassis etc have, you should see the level plug pretty quickly.

Basically its DIRECTLY on the other side of the passenger wing....

Fraid its just the normal look and keep looking.... once you find it, you wont beleive why you couldnt see it to begin with :D

Rich

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
On the ball as usual Rich.
Not wishing to steal your thunder here, but prolly the easiest way to find it first time is to take the passenger side wheel off and look in towards the gearbox from that side. The plug is near the driveshaft.

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the good news is i found it. It was burried in a load of gunk, so its no wonder i couldnt see it. Problem is i cant undo it. Its so tight, and there is no real way of getting any leverage on it because of the ABS module, and brake pipes fowl it. I actualy bent my allen key trying to undo it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.