Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just slotted the 4 little bolts holding the solenoid onto the valve assembly and managed to remove using a screwdriver, although one head sheared off so I just had to swist the solenoid to break the bolts shaft.

What should be the travel on the little plunger in the valve assembly be?
Mine only travels around 1-1.5mm max and only covers the hole (visable though one of the pipe inlets/outlet) by about half so isn't going to be blocking off flow at all.

Solenoid even out of the assembly doen't do anything with 12v applied so I guess it failed and lack of use has prevented the valve moving as far as it should :(

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
the_fbi said:
Just slotted the 4 little bolts holding the solenoid onto the valve assembly and managed to remove using a screwdriver, although one head sheared off so I just had to swist the solenoid to break the bolts shaft.

What should be the travel on the little plunger in the valve assembly be?
Mine only travels around 1-1.5mm max and only covers the hole (visable though one of the pipe inlets/outlet) by about half so isn't going to be blocking off flow at all.

Solenoid even out of the assembly doen't do anything with 12v applied so I guess it failed and lack of use has prevented the valve moving as far as it should :(
Should be aproxx 10 ohm resistance,

Does it get HOT?

The armature movement is small anyway.

Mine used to stick open :eek:

Get a scrap one to compare the older ones are rewirable ;)

DOUGAL

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cap??

I'll take another look, but I couldn't see any way of it coming apart.

It was the bit that gets "actuated" in the valve assembly, not the solenoid itself that was only moving 1mm.

But yea, if the solenoid isn't moving it needs fixing too.

I'll see if the end comes off although it looked pretty well on there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.