Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to lower the corsa but not sure how much by.

i had a nova before on 15" wheels and lowered it by 40mm on spax shocks and springs and regretted it as it just was not low enough.

i lowered my 106 gti on 16" wheels by 60mm springs only and it was mint (missus complained it was too low!! dont they always!! lmao )

i was gonna go for 40mm on the gsi and i am leaving the standard 14" alloys on, but now i think i may live to regret it as it may not be low enough. i liked teddys smoke grey when it was on standard wheels and 60mm.

i guess what i want to know is do i need to change the shocks if i go 60mm? when i worked for ripspeed lmao lmao we were always told that 60mm drop had to have changed shocks as well. i didnt do this with the pug with no probs - can i get away with it for the corsa (shocks have only done 60k)

i always seem to ramble on in these threads :D sorry

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
you dont need to change the shocks. It can alter the handling for the worse if you dont though also your shock absorbers wont last anywhere near as long. But all my cars have just been lowered on springs @ 60mm. They have all been fine.. If your shocks have done 60k lowerin it 60 i expect you wont get too many more tens of thousands before replacin. About £16 each anyway so laughin! lmao

·
Registered
132 Posts
60mm is not enough on a corsa especially on the back they dont like beeing lowerd on the back, on my corsa ive got 60 on the front and 100mm on the back and it covers most the tyre, he he and it looks phat! really you need shocks as well on a 60mm drop, cuz you will eventually get shock bleed where the oil will leak from them.
but they will last for a while

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tomstickland said:
do you want looks or to go round corners on B roads?
best of both i suppose, but im not really into the rude boy image thing anyway, i quite like the way the car looks as it is so maybe 40 would be ok

i cant really afford to do the shocks as well

mmmm

anyone got pics with -40mm??

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
no no no no no no no

fit shocks as well you fool

i cringe every time someone asks me to fit a spring only kit especially on corsas

jack it up and the springs fall out lol whats gonna happen when you give it some down the local b roads :)

cars arse goes south and spring kills some poor gimp walking their dog

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The true meaning of gimp is someone whom is into all this pvc wearing and tie me up n whip me sort of routine. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts