Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after fitting phase 3.5, induction kit and new injectors my cav has decided to idle at 2500-3000rpm has anyone else experienced this? should i let it warm up properly to see if it sorts itself?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Did you disconnect any sensors and that down the back of the engine?

If the knock sensor and idle control valve (?) are swapped you get high idle.

Also are there any air leaks? Injector not sealing or something?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Not on initial startup. Only really when the coolant temp gets closeish to normal.

The amount of air and ignition timing have the most effect over idle speed. So I doubt its really the new injectors.

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Hmm if you werent so far away i would come and have a look!
Baffled by this but without looking at the car its so difficult to say!

Rob

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i'm gonna have a proper look tomorrow in the daylight will let you know what i find, by the way when i did the work i chipped a spare ecu and then swapped it for the one in the car could this cause it to go into limp mode or something similar?

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Hmm thats possible, is the ecu light on at all? have you wired the phase 3.5 in properly as well? Take a digi piccy of the ecu and all connections if you can

Rob

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Mr Fish said:
no ecu light but the 4x4 light did come on come to think of it, positive i wired it correctly to the instructions/ help from chris at regal!
did the car start within 2 turns of the engine? if not crank sensor will send bogus signal! try starting the car with ya foot on the brakes will reset 4x4 ecu and stop that light coming on! failing that you must have wired it wrong somewhere! easy to do

Rob

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
when the injection rail was taken out my mate did it for me while i was working one day and put it bck the next could he have swapped the icv plug with the knock sens plug by accident

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
have a look, though i cant believe he would have touched the knock sensor plug as its a REAL bitch to get too! Even the ICV is a t w a t to get at without pulling the alternator back!
He would have just pulled the fuel rail wiring back just to get access, the only plugs you need to disconnect to do the fuel rail are:

TPS
Hot start valve
Inlet temp sensor

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.