Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked about this ages ago. And I'm getting keen again.
I'm going to find a quite tidy Belmont Sri and then strip it out (maybe keeping the dash this time) and fit another tuned 2.0 8v. Maybe on carbs, don't know yet. Anyway, it's going to have grey bumpers and faded paint and it's going to be treated bad.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the point? Well I like what I've done and see it as a good formula for fun, but I want a car that's more of a sleeper and looks ropey so I don't worry about scratching it or denting it. Plus it'd take the pressure off when easy jobs go bad.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Belmont`s are slow and look horrible, i`d leave that idea.

Mart.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not against turbos. If I fell over a LET engine on the way back from the pub then I'd fit it. However, I want subtle chuckable fun and the cheapest way to that is 2.0 NA engine. And I like the 8v because I'm a bit silly like that. Though a 20XE on twin 45s would be a laugh too.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
A Belmont with a 20XE on Twin 45`s now thats an idea

Mart.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Belmont`s are slow - Not really ud be suprised how fast a nicely tuned one goes as my mate keeps showin me

look horrible - got no choice but to agree with you there the back looks nasty

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
lmao @ Mart

hmmmm xe on twin 45's now theres an idea ;)

an SEH or SER on twin 45's would b cool as well i reckon - trying to persuade my mate (JamesMcBride) to do it to his Corsa - he's going to do the SEH/SER just gotta get him fitting some carbs and a 1.8 head i reckon ;) muuuhahahahaha lmao :D

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Tom, I really like the idea of a Belmont SRi, Ed's looks really cool in the flesh, plus Saloons kick ass.

However, I think you are doing yourself a miss-service if you get another 8v lump.

We already know you're unnaturally perverse with 8v's but XE's are dirt cheap and then you have much more variety for your tinkering.

Belmont Touring Car Stylee.

Do it.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
theres no way i could afford, or insure to do this, and said it a few times b4 too

but look at the R5 boys

buy a 8v, turbo it, run stupid amounts of boost, and go thru engines like they going out of fashion, what could be more fun!, gona cost you feck all each timelmao, about £20 ove seen cheapest, average about 50

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Jhonno said:
Decent XE - £300+

Decent SEH/SER - £80
Don't think that's all that relevant. I think Tom is going out of his way to prove a point if he goes 8v again.

WE KNOW YOU'RE HARDCORE! ;)

Stick carbs on the Astra, then tamper with the 16v Belmont, much better idea.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Tom, I think a sorted 16v Belmont has the potential to impress you every bit as much as the Astra. Get some 17's on it, lower it stupid amounts, strip it. 16v stoppers of course. Then find some second hand TB's, get some good engine management happening etc etc etc

190bhp, road legal, old skool touring car.

Yum.

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
saloons are heavier lmao but stiffer at the rear.

You have proved a point with the 8v engine now have a play at something else in a 2nd car.

Although I guess your rearly looking for something to put your old engine in.

Also why another astra ?

Why have 2 similar cars.

I can't talk though, keep thinking of getting a GSi 2000

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Andy K said:
I can't talk though, keep thinking of getting a GSi 2000
Tis only natural, they are great cars.

I'm considering a second car to keep mileage and turbo useage down. Plus work is one mile away and I am doing miles of useless driving before and after work. Short journeys are also wasted on the Turbo, so a second car makes sense.

But.. it wouldn't be a Cav GSi unless it was dirt cheap.

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Tim_P said:
Tis only natural, they are great cars.

I'm considering a second car to keep mileage and turbo useage down. Plus work is one mile away and I am doing miles of useless driving before and after work. Short journeys are also wasted on the Turbo, so a second car makes sense.

But.. it wouldn't be a Cav GSi unless it was dirt cheap.
Your going to get another car to keep mileage down when you live a mile from work?

Walk man :p or get a bike :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts