Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Im concidering doing a 2ltr conversion. I have just about had enough of the X10XE so i want summink better. However am i right in saying that you cant do a conversion on these models because the mounts are too far forward or back. Or is it still possible?:beer:

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
yes you can put an bigger engine into the corsa (xe im thinking) but i think you need spacers for the mounts and you need to do a mod to the chassis leg(sp?) to make clearence for the alternator(sp?)

some1 will explain but you can do it

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cheers mate, instead of a 2ltr im looking to get either a 1.6 or 1.8 ecotec. Does the chassis mod involve cutting or welding?

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
if you get the 1.6 (out of a gsi or a sport) then you will be able to use the mounts from the gsi/sport as the 1l and the 1.2/1.4/1.6 are all small block so the mounts dont move (i think) but with the 1.8 eco you would still need to get new mounts or spacers

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so ur saying for a 1.6 16v it sould just fit right in with the extra bodywork mount? also what about the engine loom. Ive heard the 1.0 have the engine loom and the car loom integrated?

another thing ive been wondering about for awhile is the DLC and fuse box? will these need replacing aswell? coz i plan on using my own diagnostics and remapping tools and software with it.

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
No, you would only need the additional bodywork mount if using an XE conversion kit, ie 2.0!

If you were fitting a 1.6 16v engine you would use the GSI mounts (yours are probably the same) but if you don't have PAS at present you would have to change the o/s mount to a non PAS equiped 16v such as an X14XE in conjunction with the shorter auxillary drive belt!

Not 100% sure on what the 1.0 12v mounts look like TBH!

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
DLC? :confused:

The XE loom drops through the bulkhead on the drivers side then you cut off a small 3x3 connector from the corsa loom and generally go colour to colour, a few wires from the corsa pin remain unused!

I suspect the 1.6 loom just plugs straight in at a guess!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Data link connector. The OBD socket, does this have to be replaced with the ECU or can it be rewired?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts