Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the light is on so i check codes it sais idle control valve so i change it for another good working one and the light is still there with the same code untill the engine is warmed up and then the light goes out what do i do?????

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yyyyaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnn with an empty can of beer in my hand sod it ill get another one..:beer: lmao

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
This happened on my eco, although the code said something else i knew it was related to the idle valve! i to changed the valve to no avail, its only when i took the tb off and cleaned that out to then put it back together with new sealant paste the em went out and the car ideled corect too!!! (3 bottle of empty stella):beer: :)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the ecu has been reset and the light is still there the engine has to be really hot for it to go out the cooling fan has kicked in about twice before it goes out.

the throttle body is spotless i have fitted a 3.0 carlton tb to it i may have to check to make sure it has sealed properly perhaps i have an air leak but then i would notice that i do get a hissing noise if i pull my idle valve about a bit when it is running. but all of my hoses are ok.

sod it im gonna drink my :beer:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
daveb948576 said:
the ecu has been reset and the light is still there the engine has to be really hot for it to go out the cooling fan has kicked in about twice before it goes out.

the throttle body is spotless i have fitted a 3.0 carlton tb to it i may have to check to make sure it has sealed properly perhaps i have an air leak but then i would notice that i do get a hissing noise if i pull my idle valve about a bit when it is running. but all of my hoses are ok.

sod it im gonna drink my :beer:
good idealmao :beer: ps was it ok before fitting the 3ltb?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it was all fine before changing pistons,tb,camshaft and ecu

i dont think its ecu related it may be an earth from the idle valve the wire is brown and blue the same wire that is going to my em light and my ron plug that wire goes all over the place. im confuzzled lol must be the :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
has anyone got the ecu pinouts for a 20seh its bosch motronic 1.5, i just want to check my wires are ok going to my idle control valve i have replaced the valve for a known good working one and the fault code is still there but only till the engne gets hot and then the light goes out.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
ive got them :p

rodgerq

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have done all the tests possible "thanks rodger:D " and i had reverted back to my old idle control valve with a bloody good clean out with all sorts of cleaners and then put a little grease inside the bits and bobs and now the lights gone out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts