Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
i think the later XE's had a serpentine belt, good idea as it's self tightening, no slippy fannies there!

I have a serpentine belt on my Mk3 2L 8V, you have to remove the drivers side engine mount to replace just the fan belt. You can't jack the engine up, because there's a cross member in the way, so you need an engine crane. Gonna borow one form work.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wot you doin' Tom? When we stripped that Vectra in Harrys it all looked very similar.

PM Big Bad Bob as he's our Vaux-MD Vaux mechanic, he'll tell you.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
You can use a couple of allen keys (big ones) to hold the cams in place if you don't have the proper tool.
You don't need to remove the serp belt completely, just undo it and put it to one side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
get the locking tool mate not very expensive and will make the job alot easier + in my oppinion replace the 2 rollers + the tentioner ( make sure the water pump is ok this is the most commen cause of belt failure ! ) when you tention up turn the tentioner clockwise until the allen key lever is pionting to the 5 oclock position( this is important !) the torques for the rollers + the tentioner securing bolt is 25 nm NO MORE ! hope this helps:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.