Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wats the Best way (Without silly money) to tune a 2.0 8v (130)??

What's the Average 1/4mile time for a Tuned 8v (Cams n head work)?

What kind ov BHP Do the 8v's achieve?

Any info Apreciated

Cheers

Daz

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
Daz I have some tuning bits for a 2.0 8v here, chip, worked head and a 4 brancher.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts aint for a m8 i'll ask him, he may be interested in Chip n 4 branch if he sticks with injection

Mail me a price on em

[email protected]

so far he's got a Piper Cam n Vernier Pulley and a worked head

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
£60 and a 6 pack of boddingtons :D

·
Registered
17,928 Posts

Decent head is best thing. Like Blydenstein B+ (£430). With 2" exhaust and K&N in modde box power was up from 132BHP to 146BHP. Then vernier pulley got it up to 148-150BHP.

1/4 mile in Astra went down from 16.4s to 15.7s.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Near the 150Bhp Figure sounds good what sort of torque figures does she produce Tom?

Also whats the Best Injection System to use?

Nova16v He's interested m8, Is the Chip in the ECU? Or is it just the Chip? Will it fit his 130 8v Ecu?

And your not getting any boddingtons will Kestrel Do? lmao

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
tomstickland said:

Decent head is best thing. Like Blydenstein B+ (£430). With 2" exhaust and K&N in modde box power was up from 132BHP to 146BHP. Then vernier pulley got it up to 148-150BHP.

1/4 mile in Astra went down from 16.4s to 15.7s.
I don`t agree.
Mine just had my own design head, piper 285 fast road cam (£100 2nd hand), 4 branch manifold, induction kit and full 2" system. Cheaper than above but does the same time of 15.7s in a Belmont with a F16WR box.

Mart.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Yes but I went for maximum torque route where I used the std cam and made nigh on 150BHP whilst Mart went for the cam route
which would have lost some bottom end torque.

Though it would be cheaper, so I can see the disagreement, but I prefer my idea for the overall niceness of loads of torque all over the rev range.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Never noticed any loss of torque. Everyone to there own i suppose.

Mart.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Well I can't comment seeing that I've never done a rolling road before and after for a suitable cam. My 1.3 actually made more torque with a fast road cam, but it did lose below 2500rpm which isn't that significant really.

How much BHP did the cam add? Around 6-8BHP?
If so then I'd agree that it was probably worth it.

Whatever, I think that for the money the B+ head is amazing, what with giving the engine about 16BHP extra.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Not sure how much BHP it added but i noticed the difference straight away. Kent seem to think there 8v cams add between 10-15bhp but i`d like to see that:rolleyes: .

If i had my 8v for longer i`d of got a "Autosprint" head just because it was cheaperlmao.

We all have our different ways of tuning the 8v and all of them seem to get them going well so who cares lol.

Mart.

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
Its the whole ECU Daz, with chip inside for the 130 engine.

As for the head, all I know is its been flowed. Ur are welcome to inspect it for urself though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bo##x to all this nancey cam & modified head larc.

save your money and get it turbo'ed you will be much more satisfied in the end........Just like the guy with the issacunt Nova, when he blew away scooby wrx, all done with the humble 8valve.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
What do you want though? Straight line speed or driving fun?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
lol turbo's blow up ..........i have thrashed the living day lights out on my 2.0 8v turbo ...no probs at tall all due to tip top maintance...:D

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag, oh! here we go............................. yep its starting to happen.......................................weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, oh no quick slow down for the next corner..... and so on!!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
what lag very min ....lag on my conversion turbo spins as low as 2500 revs then bang hits you on your face lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts