Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,449 Posts
JamesG said:
dunno about the 2.0 16v's but i had a play with a coupe turbo and went past it like it was stood still:D
hmmm, wasnt a good one then.
0-60 in 6.2, I am surprised if it was 'standing still'

anyway, 220 coupe:

137bhp
133lb/ft torque

0-60 about 8secs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,228 Posts
i raced a 220turbo..... the 2 blond birds in the rear of it where like WTF!!! cause there was a nova stuck to the rear of it at 150mph
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
i'll elabourate a bit more... the driver had been coaxing me to put my foot down but the traffic was quite busy so i couldn't be bothered and just let him drive like a tw*t cutting people up e.tc..

i eventually ended up behind him on a duel carriageway approaching a roundabout.. he negotiated the roundabout a lot quicker than i did cos i'd only had the car a few days at the time and i wasn't used to it fully.. anyway i used 2nd gear to catch him up, put it into 3rd gear and steadilly pulled past him..

he may have a 0-60 of 6.2 but i bet he doesn't have a 0-100 of 12.2.

it was really from about 50+ that he just didn't have the oomph to contend with me....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,449 Posts
no worries, obviously the M3 is the superior beast, I was just checking you werent another person going on about how they thrashed a 220turbo who wasnt even trying to race.
Big up the M3 evo :beer: great car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
hey cheers man, every time i drive it, it puts a smile on my face, great car..:)

Tim_p im not sure whether to take your comment as a piss take or not.

if it's a serious comment then i have no idea cos i don't do carpark spints.

if it's a sarcastic comment on my quoted figures, i'm just quoting what autocar recorded.. m3 evo 0-100 in 12.2 m3 3.0 0-100 13.1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
I was looking into a Rover Coupe and got talking to a Rover mechanic who says they did 2 different make of engines, the honda engines and non honda, and he said to me to steer clear of the non honda engines, aparently they have alot of problems with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,346 Posts
JamesG said:
hey cheers man, every time i drive it, it puts a smile on my face, great car..:)

Tim_p im not sure whether to take your comment as a piss take or not.

if it's a serious comment then i have no idea cos i don't do carpark spints.

if it's a sarcastic comment on my quoted figures, i'm just quoting what autocar recorded.. m3 evo 0-100 in 12.2 m3 3.0 0-100 13.1

dont worry its a piss take on Ged AKA Roy Bacer who claims to beat super cars in 50m car park sprints in his 'red shed' nova (RIP) with secret internal mods, these wins are witnessed and verified by other MIG members (until they come on this board and tell the truth about the races!!!!!!) ;) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,449 Posts
stereo_rob said:
I was looking into a Rover Coupe and got talking to a Rover mechanic who says they did 2 different make of engines, the honda engines and non honda, and he said to me to steer clear of the non honda engines, aparently they have alot of problems with them.
I was told the same thing, but have had 2 Rovers without Honda engines and no problems at all.
Honda make the best engines period, so the same can be said of any car manufacturer who uses their engines alongside their own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Who actually owns Rover now, cos it changed so many hands didnt it, BMW got rid of it cos it wasnt making money or somthing or other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im not buying one!!! eeerrr!!! anyone who knows me im an vauxhall only man!!!

I had a play with one off a set of traffic lights last night onto a dual carrageway and wasnt inpressed that a Nova had beaten him, just wondering what the stats where!!!

My mate who was in the car with me knew it was a 2.0 becuase he knew the guy who had owned it before!!!

He really was very upset!!!!! ha ha it was very funny!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
TeddySRi said:

I had a play with one off a set of traffic lights last night onto a dual carrageway and wasnt inpressed that a Nova had beaten him, just wondering what the stats where!!!

My mate who was in the car with me knew it was a 2.0 becuase he knew the guy who had owned it before!!!

He really was very upset!!!!! ha ha it was very funny!

Hmmmm, sounds more like a 1.6 you raced to be honest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Is your car a standard 1.4 SRi? if so I'm surprised if it was quicker than a 216 Coupe off the lights, never mind a 220.

If your car is in fact 120BHP (guessing from your info under your name Teddy) then it should have given a 220 a good run off the lights with the Nova being lighter etc

216 Coupe's came with 2 engines, a SOHC Honda 1.6 and a 1.6 K-Series Rover engine, both with 110-112 BHP 0-60 on these about 9.5

Not the first person who's thought their 216 was a 220, guy up my way had a 216 Coupe with the SOHC Honda engine, claimed it was a 2litre, even though the V5 said 1.6, then when I came across him on a dual carriageway and showed him a clean set of back tyres in my 214 he proceeded to find out from his neighbour who I was, and accuse me of lying to make him look silly, and that mine wasn't a 1.4 etc etc. :rolleyes:

PS-went and deleted my cookies, cant remember password for No_9. and dont have the e-mail addy I used to to have it reset and sent to me.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top