Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
First check you have power on the red/blue wire when starter is being cranked (is the fuel pump going.) If no power then pump relay is faulty. If power = battery voltage 11 - 12 volts then you ecu may be faulty or there may be an earth wire to the ecu come adrift.

·
Registered
339 Posts
On the Astras, they have a relay that powers the ECU and fuel pump, it is located on the nearside shock tower. - (mounted to the coolant bottle).

I very much doubt that it is a ECU problem, I have NEVER had to Change one YET.

Last time I had a Astra that wouldn't go it was two feeds at the ignition amplifier. - the one that is supposed to work the rev counter. (pin 3 i think at the amp). Located next to the Battery, under the coil.

It sounds to me like the ECU isn't powering up, and as the injectors work on a ECU switched earth power should be there all the time.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Marky.

[ 16-07-2001: Message edited by: Vauxweb ]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
please somebody get me out this dilema.i have put in a 2.0 16v not a turbo the wiring was simple i came to billing having travelled over 100 miles and no problems get home and next morning car starts starts to run like its got an induction leak its then stops i manage to start it but as soon as i go to move off the engine cuts out AA bloke checked the injectors with this gadget and we found no power the car turns and some times fires up for about one second and then dies again funny thing is if i disconnect the astra loom from cav loom including ignition switch feed the car still turns over i would have expected it to have not turned over as ignition feed from the astra 16v loom is now disconnected, ecu air flow mwter relay are all fine as i have tried them on me mates car, please help.
what do you mean when you say the ecu should be earthed it is possible it is that hoe do i earth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.