Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just had my garage swap out a dead Daewoo Nexia A15MF for a twinport X20XEV
( Garage did the main swap, I'm doing plumbing & electrics )

It came with alternator and starter pre-wired but ending with a large circular multi-plug which comes from behind the engine out near the gearbox
It'll be an absolute pig to change out now that it's in so I'm trying to splice it all into the Daewoo loom
Using my Haynes manual(s) I've mapped out all important connections such as charge warning, starter ignition, oil pressure warning and oil level
There is an extra 2-pin plug in there which I believe is the reverse light switch ( Black / Yellow and White / Black )

The last remaining wire is Blue / Yellow
Can anyone shed light onto this one?
The only one I can find in Haynes is the instrument panel pre-heater light so I can rule that out straight away

Thanks,
Craig

Automotive tire Houseplant Handwriting Flowerpot Fire

·
Registered
610 Posts
Doesn't sound very important to me.
Might be glow plug light for diesel models ? Or for an auxiliary heater ? Not sure.

I think your engine uses a vss, speed sensor. Did you get the tansponder ring, and key chip, with the ecu ?

Ive wired in cars like that before. It will still start up, and run, without it, but you may find, when the car comes to a stop, at traffic lights, etc, it will stall the engine, without the speed signal.

Edit : just realised I'm 2 months late. Sorry. Nevermind

1 - 2 of 2 Posts