Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to fool you into this one but i need to know if 19" wheels will fit on an astra gsi lowered 40mm what width can i get and on what offset?

cheers,
tim

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
with mods yes.

without - no.

ideally go for the thinnest wheel you can - so about 7.5" probably.

et45.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Don't do it! Totally impractical and stupid idea that will ruin the ride and handling.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
don't listen to the old bugger

do it

ET45 7.5x19 with 215/35 tyres

remove the arch lips and hammer in the rear arches

also they might catch the power steering pipes on full lock, not sure

would look phat though

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Well it depends on whether you want a "boy" car or a fast car.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got to have the arches done anyway as to get the small amount of of rust sorted so i was going to have the arches flared and rolled anyway!

Tom - I want my car to stand out and hopefully i'm going to get the reiger arches to go with them!

i will need to raise the car when the Koni's that i've got go on as having less than an inch clearance on the front splitter is not pratical - 19"'s should solve that!! :)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I think you should think about jacking it up at the back, fitting 3 inch wide front wheels and 18 inch wide back wheels, and some retro wheelie bars, side exit exhausts, and a flame paint job.
Also have you thought about chrome.
Or alternatively can you get some X pack arches and 6 120 watt spot lights on the front.

All the above and more were the rage when I was a kid. And time has not been kind to them.

As the oldest git on Migweb may I respectfully suggest you go and see your shrink and find out what it is about your upbringing that makes you want to scream "Look at Me"

I personally think Mr Tom is right about the handling. And as far as styling goes Unless you fit brakes which only just fit in the wheels we will all be laughing.

I also dream of the ultimate modded car. This is also a Mk3 Astra, but with Merit badges and interior, Steel Wheels (Perhaps 15 inch) Halfords wheel Trims, but a tuned LET 2.0 16V Turbo. It will have grey bumpers and the paint will be that faded red pink that is so naff on vauxhalls.
I will blend in, and no one will give me a second look, but I will **** on every one that comes close.
Perhaps I should see my shrink about this, why do I feel the need not to be noticed ? Well I drive like a loony, but have not been stopped by the police in the last 10 years ! (Except when I was being sensible !)

Just my oppinion, and hopefully it will upset some. Whilst others will nodd (My Grandad most likely) and say : That Crash test Mark - He's so uncool he's cool !

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers mark!

all of my previuos cars have been eye catching and i dont want to stop now. i have always wanted a show car and am determined to finish one!

i'll go and see the shrink later though but the last one had rubber gloves on!!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
smitht said:

i'll go and see the shrink later though but the last one had rubber gloves on!!!
Well I expect he didn't want to catch anything off his grubby patients ! LOL ! Go on then do it if you must ! But why 19's why not go for 20's !

O

·
0 Posts
DaveB said:
with mods yes.

without - no.
incorrect -

a mate of mine with the Phase 2 GSi (white one)...

He has 7x19s, with a 215/35/19 tyre on.... without arch mods whatsoever!

no mods needed at all - pics will be up asap!

There is only one alloy wheel manufacturer that makes theses

·
Registered
944 Posts
you will probably need coil-overs aswell cos i doubt the 19s will fit inder the spring cup on the front, loadsa money, what about the fuel pipes in the rear arches, they might need moved, is it realy worth it.

if you fit 17s or 18s and go for a wheel nobody has tried b4 you will get attension?

just a thought.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
b eatin u said:

if you fit 17s or 18s and go for a wheel nobody has tried b4 you will get attension?

just a thought.
Has anyone invented the "virtual wheel" yet ?

Time will prove that the wheel was in fact a technological dead end ! Roll on the future !

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive already got 17's and one of my mates has got 18's on his vectra so i wonted to be different!

might consider 18's with spokes to the edges and a thin rim (would make it look bigger than it is) - but if 19's will go on then i'll probably get them!

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
OllyHewitt said:
incorrect -

a mate of mine with the Phase 2 GSi (white one)...

He has 7x19s, with a 215/35/19 tyre on.... without arch mods whatsoever!

no mods needed at all - pics will be up asap!

There is only one alloy wheel manufacturer that makes theses
You tell me many times that you TAKE pictures of everything. Cant believe that their arent any of thise yeT?

The only way they wont catch is if the car isnt lowered at all and is never driven :rolleyes:

No way that they cant catch, its just so NOT possible.

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Mark;wots your problem?

Jealousy is a terrible thing. if you'd kept your **** in your pants then you wouldnt have a wife and kids and might be able to afford to do things to your own car instead of bitching about what everyone else does.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Well, if you want looks then go for it.
Make the car slower though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts