Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT=Arial]Hi all,

I'm new to all this but hope someone can help..... I have a 2000 Astra coupe with standard 16" alloys on, I would like to change these and go for 18's. This is where i need help... are 18's gonna fit straight on with no messing about? If so, will i need 225 profile tyres?? I sound as if i know what i'm talking about, I really dont!!! :D

Also any ideas on which alloy would look good would also help....cheers!![/FONT]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that! I dont understand all that offset business, what is it I should be looking for??

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Something close to ET49. The wheels above are Irmscher FYI. They come with the correct offset for Vauxhall cars and can be bought direct through your dealership.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Get a pcd of 110 (from memory), offset (ET) bewteen 42-49mm for no scrubbing, dont go any wider than 7.5 inches and get 215/35/18 tyres.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, that's just how i needed it explaining, very simple and to the point! Cheers!!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
no problem. Just for note (although I think the rear arches differ slightly on the coupe to the hatch) I have ET38 and the cars lowered 55mm, with no scrapes.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
When 18s were fitted as standard (factory option) Vauxhall fitted different springs and I think spacer blocks for extra clearance on the rear bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts